Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Ready to Bind The Placemats

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 28C (humidex 38C). This morning it is cloudy, foggy, and 18C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with a chance of showers. The high could get to 25C (humidex 32C).

Lifestyle

I was on the phone for over 40 minutes yesterday. I spent a while listening to music and then had the wrong department. They transferred me to the right department. The person I spoke to was wonderful. They explained everything to me and I got the information I needed. I didn't get that information via email which was frustrating for me. 

When done the call, I emptied the dishwasher and put in the dirty dishes. I did a clean up of the kitchen to make sure all surfaces were not dirty. I did that twice more during the day as I actually made meals. Next up laundry was folded and put away. 

At that point, I had to lie down on the couch and do my 3 minute stretch. I was really sore. As I laid down I felt something release inside me. Doing the exercise wasn't difficult due to that. Once it was done, I did another exercise to stretch the piriformis muscle. Wow did that ever start a bunch of muscles to hurting. I did it on both sides several times to help stretch the rebelling muscles. I knew they were going to be sore for quite a while. 

My last chore before lunch was to sweep the living room floor. It is time for me to clean the living room and give the floor a good mopping. It is on my to-do list for later this week. 

Sewing

I was downstairs in the sewing room all afternoon. It was a great session as I got the last two placemats quilted. I got both of them stitched in the ditch with a small amount of thread left. I then quilted the first placemat and changed threads a few times. 

The second one had more thread changes which took more time. More stops and starts, more thread to knot and bury. 

The next job was to stitch around the outside edge of all 4 place mats and then trim them square. This job I hate as the fabric is more of what I call discount quilting cotton. At this point I know I will be fighting and fight I did but the job got done. 

The binding is cut and ready for me to sew together. 

At this point I had to quit as I was tired and needed to get something to drink. I have another 2 long days of sewing to get these done and out the door. I found out they need to be shipped asap. This parcel will be going priority post. 

Knitting

I did pick up my knitting and finished the row I was on and started the border. It could be done tonight. I will have 3 full balls and one part ball of yarn left. A few hats can be made over time. 

Thoughts

    Marianne, we make a variety of sandwiches which include ham and cheese, chicken with cranberries, cucumber with dill pickle hummus, canned ham and tuna, finely chopped vegetables, cream cheese, and egg salad. Most have mayo based dressings in them. We do mainly celebration of life lunches. The one for the anniversary party was a first for us. We do some luncheons and dinners where we cook meat, potatoes, vegetables and have buns and pies. We limit catered dinners as we would be doing it a lot in the summer when we have less people available to help. 

    Yesterday's humidity was thick and heavy. I was outside in it for a few minutes twice. I couldn't believe how much very warm moisture was in the air and it made you feel uncomfortable very quickly. There was very little wind which doesn't help get rid of the humidity. It has to pack its bag and leave on its own. 

    I picked my first cucumber and had it with my own tomatoes for dinner last night. It was delicious. I have 2 more cucumbers almost ready to pick. There are a lot of tomatoes that are ready or almost ready to pick. I have decided to dump all the dirt from the pots this fall and put in new next spring. I have been feeding the plants a lot this year as the soil is 2 years old and needs to be replaced. 

    I had a good day yesterday. No foggy funk or my brain being negative. I kept moving forward all day wanting to get things done. I was tired last night but it was a happy tired. 

Today

I have to spend a lot of time working on the placemats as I want them out of here Thursday at the latest. Other things are on hold unless it is to get groceries. I am trying to get my meat and pantry items used up before I go shopping. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment