Yesterday was the beginning of our heat warning and it was sunny and somewhat humid. The high got to 30C (humidex 36C). This morning it is clear and 17C. Today is supposed to be sunny and hot with a high of 32C (humidex 38C).
This person cracks me up with how he writes his weather reports. He is quite accurate which is amazing. Environment Canada gives us our official weather forecast.Lifestyle
I was out the door before 7:30 am to start making sandwiches at the community hall. I had 1 hour before I had to leave for my appointment. I got everything out for making the sandwiches, got 2 fillings ready, and made 3 loaves of sandwiches. I was hustling as I wanted to do my share and we were short a person.
On my way to get my hair cut, I stopped at home for 2 minutes (timed). I went out through the way I go shopping as there are delays the usual way we go. When I got to the stop sign to get on to the main road, I had to sit through 2 green lights. The police were escorting about 150 bikers to the parking lot at the strip mall. They blocked side roads so they could move as a unit. It was interesting to watch them as they were very polite and courteous to everyone. Update -- I just read they are veterans travelling across Canada.
I got to my hair appointment 2 minutes late and got my hair cut. Once home, I got my weeding tub out and I weeded around the shed. I removed all the weeds in the bed plus those growing along the edge of the lawn. I got over warm sitting in the sun doing the last bit. I did prune the rose bush and watered it and all the flower tubs. I then went in and had a break and drank a lot of water.
The last job of the morning was to clean the downstairs bathroom. It wasn't as dirty as I had thought it would be. But, it got done and looks much better and smells like grapefruit from the cleaner.
The only task I had to do after lunch was get the mixing bowls and left over dressing from the hall and take it to family's house. I did that and went downstairs to see how son is doing with demolition. He had the ceiling tiles down in the exercise room and was ready to start taking down the metal parts that held the tiles in place. We had a chat about what he is doing and I left for home.
Later in the afternoon, I took out the recycling and the compost bin to the road for pick up this morning. It was hot and somewhat humid. Not as bad as I had thought. I also watered the vegetables and picked the first ripe tomato. It was sweet and juicy.
Sewing
I forced myself to sew later in the afternoon. I cut out the remaining pattern pieces for a dress for the Gotz dolls. I laid it out on the fabric and got it cut out. I just have to cut out the straps from a left over piece.
This project challenge was to use a new pattern designer and a piece of fabric I had bought 3 years ago.Knitting
I did not knit last night as I was too tired.
Thoughts
I struggled yesterday to get a normal blood pressure reading. I think the reason was having to rush around in the morning. It was close but not normal. I also worried I had a bit of retained fluid though I had drank a lot. Not to worry as I lost .5 lb yesterday.
I changed the filter in the fridge. If all could go wrong, it did. The holder fell off when I took the old one out. I struggled and wrestled with it to get it back on. I won. The new filter is in even if it did take me 20 minutes to do a 5 minute job.
The hot weather and humidity is to persist until Saturday. There is a haze, which is the blanket of humidity, over the Minas Basin. People who have lived here all their lives say this is not common though I remember this type of weather when we visited Nova Scotia in the early 1990's. We forget unless something jars our memories.
I have put weeding on hold until next week when it is cooler. I have the next spot picked and should be able to do it in about 20-30 minutes. I will have to go outside early to do it so I won't be sitting in the sun and overheating.
Today
I have to do my yoga exercises today as I missed yesterday. I will try to prep the vegetables for supper this morning before I go to the doctor's. Once home, I will sew on the dress and I hope to knit tonight.
Until the next time.....................................................................



No comments:
Post a Comment