Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Trying To Keep Busy

 Yesterday was warm, humid, and sunny. The high got to 25C with a humidex of 32C. We got no rain last night though they did down the valley. This morning it is hazy, 21C with a humidex of 28C. It is suppose to be mainly sunny all day. The high is to get to 25C with a humidex of 29C. 

Lifestyle

I did up the few chores I needed to do before the cleaners came. I am keeping them for one more time as I should be able to handle the housework on my own. I did a grocery shopping which was necessary. 

I got an update on the Spousal Unit and he is not sleeping well. He has days and nights mixed up and the nurse was trying to get him back on schedule. While this is happening, he eats very little. He strings words together that makes no sense which is sad. 

I went to watch grandson play soccer yesterday afternoon. He played in the first 30 minute match and then there were two more 30 minute matches after that. They were playing against teams from the local high school and we watched all 3 matches. These matches were the last tryout for grandson's school to see which team they will placed on. There are 42 students vying for a spot. 

Sewing

I did some clean up in the sewing room. One bag of garbage is gone and the second bag is almost ready to go. I cleared off the cutting table and put quite a bit away. Not perfect as I'm thinking on a few things and have to buy some heavy duty page protectors for doll patterns. Progress was made. 

I pressed all the fabric (3 doll dresses, binding, and backing). I laid the backing fabric on the cutting table, smoothed it out and clamped it in place. I went around and made sure it was hanging evenly on one end and one side. I then laid the batting on top of the backing, smoothed it out and clamped it in place. The quilt top is now clamped on and I'm ready to pin. I need my neighbor to come over and tell me how she wants it pinned as she will be quilting it for me. I spent a lot of time doing this part as I like to have my tops on grain to the backing fabric as possible. 

There will be enough batting and backing left to use as baking for several placemats I want to make. I have to buy a bit of fabric to make them so they will go onto my 2023 to-do list. 

I did spend a time searching for knickers for the doll's bicycle outfit. I finally found one which another lady used for hers. 

The pattern is pricey for just wanting the knickers so I may have to sew the vest, shirt and hat for the little girl's boy doll and add a pair of jeans to the outfit. 

Knitting

I have 10 rounds left on the 2nd sock and then I need to measure them and see if I need to do another row or 2 before I start the toe. I am happy that I've been knitting most nights as it helps pass the evening. 

Today

I have physiotherapy this morning, will decide if I am going to buy an Instant Pot that is on sale, and rest a bit though I should sweep one part of the garage ready for a hose to be hooked up to the tap. I need to water the front lawns as they are bone dry. The garden needs watering as the peas are in full bloom. In the afternoon, I would like to ask my neighbor over to tell me how she wants the quilt pin basted as she is going to be quilting it for me. I am hoping to knit tonight and get the 2nd sock done ready for measuring. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment