Friday, September 09, 2022

The Darn Chickens Did Me In

 The weather has cooled off some with mornings being foggy and the days mainly sunny and in the mid 20C. It has been delightful. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit has been put on a new medication that is helping with his behaviors. He asked son if he looked better than when he went in "there" and son said he has. He is in a good mood and is eating better. I am happy to hear about it. 

I did get the expense sheet caught up to date and will be starting a new budget for September though I do have expenses from August showing up to be paid this month. But, I can see what my own expenses will look like for the month. Now I can focus on doing more cleaning and purging in the house. 

I was to see the doctor on Tuesday and am to have physiotherapy on my back to help get rid of the sciatica pain in my back and knee. My goal is to start walking most mornings to rebuild my strength. 

Yesterday I hit the end of my tether. The neighbor has chickens and they run loose everywhere. I chased them out of the yard in the morning while talking to our neighbor. He can't put his dog out on a leash as it would kill the chickens. I called the county and reported them being on the loose. Late in the afternoon, they were in my yard again. They ate and did damage to the cherry tomatoes, were lying in the Early Girl tomato box, and did some damage to the leeks. 

I chased the out after taking the picture and called the county office. The fellow I talk to came out with another person. They saw the chickens in the neighbor's yard, the destruction in my yard and they even got to step in chicken poop. A lady walking with her dog told them her dog killed one of the chickens and explained how they got into her yard 3 houses and a playground up from my house. The owner of the chickens was finally home and the men talked to him. His chickens were locked in the chicken coop. I wait and see what happens. 

I was saddened to hear of the passing of HRM Queen Elizabeth II yesterday. She was such a gracious lady who gave her life to service. She also had a great sense of humor and it really shone when she did the video clip with Paddington Bear to open her Platinum Jubilee. I loved the sketch done by Eleanor Tomlinson and here is how it showed up yesterday on Facebook. 

And another one showed up in my Facebook feed which was touching.

Anyways, everything came to a head last night and I cried. It was all stress related. Also, I was in a lot of pain yesterday which didn't help. I am tired this morning and just sad. I will be fine as I think my emotions had, once again, built up and crying helps me pick myself up and keep moving forward.

Today

I am going up to the quilt shop to look for backing, batting and binding for daughter's quilt. She wants me to look at one piece of fabric for her. I will do some housework this morning as I need to start cleaning up for the cleaners on Tuesday. I'm slow as I have the sciatica pain to deal with while I do things. 

Until the next time...........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment