Monday, September 19, 2022

Organizing Paper Work

Yesterday was a dreary day as we had lots of clouds and rain. An inch of rain fell and the high got to 14.1C. It did clear off in the late afternoon and it was brighter. This morning it is 8C, foggy, and the high is to get to 18C with sunshine.

Lifestyle

I did get an update on the Spousal Unit. He is not eating well nor taking his pills. He resists when people help him as he doesn't understand what they want him to do. He has advanced Alzheimer's and they are preparing him for long term care. 

Life is too chaotic not to be organized ~ Martha Stewart

I ditched all my plans and decided to do paperwork. I went through all the papers I had hid in the spare room. The legal papers were gone through also. I didn't make a mess but I do have a pile of papers to go into a box in the mechanical room. They will be shredded next year as I need to make sure that I didn't put anything in the pile I may need. It wasn't a difficult job but one of remembering the houses we owned and thinking back to our renovating days. I actually found some American money which will go towards something I want.

I did the physio exercises once yesterday though I did one of them a couple of times when in bed. There is still some burning arthritic pain in the knee but it has subsided some. The stretching exercises are helping though I still have some pain in my hip area. I will just have to keep doing them until everything is stretched out. I use the hot water bottle a lot which does help also. 

The house was so cold yesterday I had to put the heat on for 90 minutes. It is on again this morning as it is cool in here. A huge change for a week ago. 

Sewing

I put trim around the shoes yesterday and that seem to take forever. Between the fabric and the trim, a lot of glue was used and absorbed. I am now looking at putting 3 long pearls on the toe of each shoe.

There is still a huge learning curve to making shoes. This pair looks better but one of the uppers is 1/4" shorter than the other at the center front. I have to remember to measure the uppers when I put them onto the soles. I am enjoying the precision work that goes into making shoes. They certainly are not a rush project and I need to make another pair next week. I need to keep practicing. 

Knitting

I watched the video on doing the toes of the socks and got the first 9 rows done on both socks. I now need to knit about 16 more rounds and they will be ready to have the toe grafted. I am now realizing how much I need to knit in the basement watching shows on the big TV. 

Today

I am going to tackle cleaning the kitchen this morning and wash a couple of floors. I am going to focus on the kitchen for this week. I will need to work on keeping it clean and organized, especially the pantry. I am going to take a drive and see if the vet is open so I can get Elliott his food. The Soutache dress needs to be started unless I'm outside cleaning an area in the shed for the deck chairs, and I am going to knit tonight. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment