Saturday, September 10, 2022

The Week Ended Well

Yesterday was another lovely day. After the fog burnt off, it was sunny and warm. The high got to 24.2C. This morning it is 13C and we are to have sunshine and 22C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I finished up the expense sheet and it was a great feeling to know I don't have to do it again until the end of the month. I'm ready to keep this up to date as I start to build a new budget. 

I called the hospital administrator and asked to discuss why I can't get updates from the nurses on the Spousal Unit. She got the unit manager to call me and we had a good one hour talk about it. He was so kind and considerate about everything. His explanation gave me the answers I needed. He called me back just as he was leaving for the weekend and gave me the news that I can call the nurses and get detailed updates. I thanked him profusely for his kindness and calling me just as he was leaving. All my issues with the hospital are resolved. 

I also got a call from the hospital care coordinator and she is as nice as the community care coordinator I had. We talked about the process of the Spousal Unit going from one unit to another and then into long term care. She will become more involved once the Spousal Unit is stabilized. The only thing she has to do is called to get the application for subsidy expedited as he will be going from the hospital to long term care not from home. 

I called for an update and the nurse said to ask questions. I was slightly taken back. We had a good chat. The Spousal Unit is on the new medication and it's too early to know if it is working but there have been good spells with some behavior issues. He won't get out of bed; his stubborn side is showing up. He is eating some but not a lot. They can't wait for me to come in and see him. He certainly has improved some but isn't stabilized to go to the next unit.  

The chickens are gone so I don't have to worry about them. I hope the person refrains from buying more next year unless he is prepared to have them in a proper pen or me calling the county office. 

It was a busy day for me and I was exhausted and falling asleep by 7:30 p.m. I was in bed shortly after that. I really needed to sleep as I slept much better last night. 

Sewing

I spent some time starting to put beads my neighbor gave me into plastic bags. I am keeping some and giving some to the little girl I sew for. I have ideas for one batch of beads, others will be come necklaces and bracelets for the dolls. In truth I'm trying to get it cleaned up and off the couch before the cleaners come. 

I decided to have an early lunch and take off to the quilt store. I needed to get out of the house and have a change of scenery. The shop is now run by someone new with the old owner having a classroom in the back. She has a nice selection of fabrics to choose from; not huge like it was and the prices remained like they were. I got the backing, batting, and binding for daughter's quilt. The fabric I bought so much of is discontinued which is sad. It was such a popular blender in our area. 

I also got daughter a piece of fabric and one for Lily, one of my Gotz dolls. 

It is a gorgeous batik and I will be just doing a bit of top stitching on it. I want the batik to shine. I will make Lily a pearl necklace to wear with it. 

I saw this piece of fabric and will be deciding if I want to get it so I can make myself 2 placemats and a couple of potholders. I have some fabric in the stash to use with it. 

I also have to look for fabric and tea towels for daughter-in-law for her Christmas present. She wants them to match her upstairs. 

Next up I have to clean the sewing room and look at all the gifts I made up until April. Then I will begin finishing up my Christmas sewing. 

It felt good to start thinking of sewing once again as my stress level is down and I've got a lot done in the last week. 

Today

I am going to do some cleaning this morning, work more on bagging the beads, and try to sew this afternoon. I am sore but I need to push through and get things ready for the cleaners. I'm trying to get some sort of schedule that I can follow as I take over more of the house and yard work. I can't wait to be well enough to do that. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment