Friday, September 16, 2022

A Busy Day In The Basement

 Yesterday was cool with a high of 16.2C. There was lots of wind and sunshine. This morning it is 10C and the high is to get to 18C. There is to be sunshine this morning and clouds this afternoon.

Lifestyle

I didn't call for an update on the Spousal Unit yesterday but will do it today. He is basically the same every day but I do have a couple of questions to ask today.

I spent the morning in the family room taking apart the puzzle we were doing 5 months ago, counting the pieces and boxing it up. I had found one piece in the garage and was worried an edge piece was missing. I found it but still counted to make sure. The remaining puzzles and western novels are ready to go to the used book store. 

I started digging in one of the thrift shop boxes in the maintenance room. It has been gone through carefully and I will get help putting it in the vehicle next week. I will drop it, the books and other items off next week when I go for filters for the cpap machine. 

I did my exercises twice yesterday and it is helping. The knee is still hurting but I have more movement in it. I still have a sore spot in my back so that will need to be addressed if it remains. Improvement has been noticed in 2 days of doing the exercises. 

Sewing

The box in the maintenance room had fabric and patterns in it. I took all the patterns out and removed one for daughter to have. I went through the patterns I kept and added a few more. I was sad when I touched the western shirt pattern I used to make the Spousal Unit's shirts and kept it. The patterns went into a bag ready to go. I touched the fabrics and have 6 pieces set aside. The box is full and I will get help to put it in the car to go to the thrift shop. Day 2 of clean up is done.

Of the 6 pieces of fabric, 3 went into daughter's box. One other piece is set aside as I can make daughter a bag out of it and the other 2 pieces are heavy knits I may still want. Those two I'm thinking about. Though I want to get new fabric, the stash is valuable to help stay within the budget. And there is plenty of nice fabric still to sew into gifts.

I hauled the Christmas gift tub to the family room and went through it. I did well getting done what I did. I need to make a couple of gift bags and then will focus on making a few more gifts starting next month. I am going to have to depend on gift cards this year but I'm okay with that. Next year I will sew more gifts over the course of the year. 

Lastly, I stood for 2 hours and pinned the quilt together so our neighbor can quilt it. I was exhausted when I got done and my back ached like crazy. I'm still not standing correctly but at least the table is high enough I didn't have to bend over to pin. I did snap a picture of the backing fabric. 

There will be enough fabric and batting left for some of the placemats I will make next year. 

Knitting

I got the socks set up to start the toes. I was sore last night that I didn't feel like knitting. I sat with the hot water bottle on my sore spots. 

Today

I am sore today but will continue to do my exercises. They do help. I need to pull the cucumber plants, water the garden, do a bit of housework and get and update on the Spousal Unit. I hope I can make daughter a piece of piping and start thinking about the next 2 projects -- the soutache dress and a gift bag. I do hope to knit tonight. There will be no decluttering today.

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment