Sunday, September 11, 2022

Into The Sewing Room I Went

 Yesterday was a lovely fall day full of sunshine and a high of 23.1C. This morning it was 13C and sunny. It is suppose to get to 27 with a humidex of 32C. We are to have warmer temperatures for a couple of days. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I did some cleaning up and washed some floors. It was difficult as my back and knee were sore and stiff. But I persisted and was happy with what I could do. I'm looking forward to being able to do more as time goes on as I start physiotherapy on Wednesday. 

I bought myself dinner last night as part of my eating out once a month plan. I am going to aim for the middle of the month for this treat. 

I called about the Spousal Unit and the nurse and I had a great chat. She got him up into the special chair for the day. He ate more food and she talks to him a lot about gardening which he enjoys. She asked about two scars he has from surgeries he had and I explained them. I talked about his arm pain he gets due to distress and what caused it. It was great to pass information back and forth. 

Sewing

I did go down to sew but spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out the top tension issue with the machine. I'm going to have to google it. In the process of trying to figure it out, I fixed the needle threader. That took a bit of time but I'm glad it is now working. I also put a new needle into the machine. I have the top tension at -5.0 for glide thread.

I did sew in the 2nd sleeve into the dress and am ready to hand sew the lining around the sleeve opening. 

I will only have to serge the sleeve and sleeve band seams when I do the dress again. Part of the learning curve. 

I did cut the sleeve band 1 1/4" wide for the 2nd sleeve and it was much easier to hand sew it into place neatly. 

Just before I left the sewing room I played a bit with the skirt. Some pressing and adjusting and I'm now ready to attach it to the bodice. 


I am happy that I took the time to have the embroidery on top of the pleats as it is so beautiful. I am looking forward to making this dress in pink with dark pink embroidery. To date it has been worth the time to do a muslin.

I spent time getting all the beads my neighbor gave into baggies and sorted out the bags I am keeping. The rest is ready to go to the little girl I sew doll clothes for as she does crafts. I did some searching for how to make necklaces for dolls and I found this on Oh Sew Kat's blog. I followed this link for a great tutorial. I have everything but the beading thread including super glue. I am putting this on my to do list for October. 

Knitting

I knit on the socks yesterday and did more rounds than I've done since picking it up. I am 5 rounds from stopping and doing the other sock. I will have to start thinking about what doll's sweater I will knit next. I am thinking of something for the Gotz dolls this time. 

Today

I slept in this morning. I have to do a load of laundry and pick tomatoes before it gets hot. I want to sew on the doll's dress during the heat of the day and may wander over to return our neighbor's containers after supper. It is going to be a slow day for me as I still get tired easily. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment