Tuesday, September 20, 2022

A Busy Day Cleaning

 Yesterday was a warm sunny day with a high of 18.2C. This morning it is 10C and raining. It is suppose to rain most of the day. There is a possibility we could have a thunderstorm. 

Lifestyle

I watched the Queen's funeral yesterday. I listened to it except when I had to rest. There was lots of interesting tidbits of information given that I enjoyed. 


It was clean the kitchen day yesterday. I started out cleaning the area where I keep the meds, tea, and coffee. All the meds, expired vitamins, and unused items were either tossed or set aside for disposal. The shelves were wiped down well and what was left put back. Not a lot. The counters and drawers were also cleaned well. From there, I moved around the kitchen cleaning up the dirty areas. I wiped, scrubbed, tossed, and, when done, put everything away neatly. I cleaned areas the cleaners don't touch and yuck! I pulled out the stove, cleaned that area and scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees. My knee hurt but I know that area is spotless. I finished up after I ate lunch. That included doing the garbage and recycling.

Mid afternoon, I went and got Elliott another bag of cat food and took the medications to the pharmacy to be disposed of. I then did a list of what needs to be done in the kitchen to finish up. Clean fridge and pantry, wash windows, shine stainless steel appliances and wash the floor. I will do under the sink at the very end as I have a lot of cleaners to use up while I take over cleaning once again. 

It felt good taking command of the cleaning as I was procrastinating. I need to keep moving forward on the kitchen for the next two or three days and finish up. 

Sewing

I did slip downstairs to the sewing room and sewed 3 tear drop pearls on one of the shoes. No pictures as I forgot my phone upstairs. Will take pictures when the 2nd one is done. I quickly took a picture. 

Our neighbor brought the quilt over and then took it home as she had one area to fix on the quilt. She spent about 5 hours quilting it and it looks fabulous. She did feathers, butterflies, and hearts on it. Custom for sure and she enjoyed doing it very much. 

I saw this Regency dress on Instagram and it is amazing with all the details on the dress.

What amazed me is the white dress with the dark green shoes. 

It makes one think outside the box when it comes to shoe color. 

Knitting

I knit on both socks and have the second part of the toe decrease completed. Now to watch the video again so I can finish them up tonight. I am happy to be almost done the socks as they have been on the needles a very long time. 

Today

I am leaving shortly to take grandson to school. Today's job is to clean the fridge and shine the stainless steel. I may get the windows cleaned on the inside. If all goes well, I would like to start the Soutache dress and finish up the socks. Not a lot of outside things can be done with it raining but the lawns and trees will be happy. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment