Thursday, May 31, 2018

Moving Forward

It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday. The temperatures are hovering in the high teens or low twenties. Perfect.
Hydrangeas, one of my favorite flowers. 

Lifestyle

After nearly 6 weeks or more of struggling with boredom/depression, I finally worked through my issues. I am happy to say I am feeling better and am enjoying life once again. This usually happens when I am not being challenged mentally. So I look forward to moving forward. 
I worked on the bullet journal and will be starting again in June. The month at a glance is in place. 
I have a couple of more dates to put in; one is when Grandson has his graduation from his school. Next year is a new school for him and his classmates. 
I then spent some time working on my weight loss charts. I reviewed my 90 Day Challenge and decided to start fresh. I put out 8 hearts for 8 pounds. We will see if I can achieve this or if I have to modify it. Easy to do; add or subtract stickers.  
I will keep a tally of the weight lost each month. I have a big goal I am working towards. 
"Why?" is always the question asked when you are losing weight. I was honest with myself and even gave 4 reasons for better health. This is related to me. Other people's reason are different. 
Then I did a meal planner. This allows us to figure out what we want for dinner each night so we aren't deciding the morning of. Following Weight Watchers allows me to eat and track easier if I have a meal plan. I track points in the app on the phone. 
And finally the week at a glance. I will keep track of what I want to do, have a place to put down my thoughts for the next week and what we need for groceries. I like this format a lot as I pack my bullet journal with me. 
I can write on little notes or right into the journal. The choice is mine. 

Sewing

The jacket is close to being finished on the Edwardian walking suit. Two buttons and snaps and it's done. I started on the skirt and after an hour got it right. I had to sit at the table with the pattern up on the computer. Even the addendum on pleats was a hard to follow. When I got it, it took me 15-20 minutes to get all the pleats done. 
The belt needs to be cut out and added. I should be done today. 

Knitting

The doll's sweater needs one collar knit and then sewn together and it will be complete. It will be done today. 

Today

Two projects will be completed and then I can look at June's projects -- finishing the Spousal Unit's shirt, two doll dresses, and two sweaters. If it is a good month, I want to start socks and maybe a Christmas item. 

No comments:

Post a Comment