Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Walking Suit Progress

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Warm and sunny. 

Lifestyle

We did the grocery shopping yesterday morning. It was time to stock the larder with foods that promote good eating habits. 
We bought chicken breasts which I decided to roast in the oven. I sprinkle a tablespoon of this rub on the meat and add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the cooking dish, cover and roast until cooked. 
We use this rub on everything. I only add 1/4 cup paprika and 1 tsp cayenne. 
When cooled, I shred the chicken, add another tablespoon of rub mix and 2 tablespoons of broth and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use. I love it for lunch. 

Sewing

I worked on the walking suit jacket yesterday. It is nearing completion. 
The sleeves were very east to sew. I put most of the fullness  towards the top of the sleeve. 
I'm making a note that the sleeves could be 1/2" to 3/4" longer if you want full length sleeves. All that is left is to hem, put the tiny buttons down the front and add snaps. I hope to cut out the skirt today and work on it. 

Knitting

I have the sweater ready to knit the yoke. I need to read the pattern as I do the decreases for the raglan sleeve. I should get it completed by tomorrow night. 

Today

I will be sewing and knitting as I need the two projects done  by tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to the next projects -- the Edwardian one we will know tomorrow morning (sewing) and the knitting one is a sweater. I want to knit it twice and make two dresses to go with them. 
Until the next time......................

No comments:

Post a Comment