Saturday, May 26, 2018

The Shirt is Started - Sewing People Clothes

It was a warm and wet day yesterday. We got to watch the sun shine and it raining at the same time. Today it is suppose to clear off and become sunny again tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

The plants in the garden are growing well and the beet seeds have sprouted. It is nice to know that we will have fresh pickings this summer. 
Grandson came over after school and had supper with us. We have so many good laughs with this child. His eyes sparkle and he gets this grin on his face that is delightful. He got to play with his friends outdoors of which he enjoyed immensely. 

Sewing

I spent a little over an hour in the sewing room yesterday. I worked on the Spousal Unit's shirt. I sewed the shoulder seams with wrong sides together. That allows the shoulder seams to be hidden by the yokes. 
Then, I turned under the yoke edges and pressed them down well prior to sewing them together right sides together at the shoulder seams. 
The yokes are now ready to go onto the shirt body and be  stitched down. I usually stitch around the neck and shoulder seams at 3/8" to hold everything in place. After that it is onto the pockets. 
I picked out the fabric for this weeks summer sew along. It is a green fabric that has a bit of a stripe to it. We are making an Edwardian Ramble costume. It is a walking outfit. 
Wren Feathers ramble costume
I will be making the skirt to fit my dolls. The jacket should be okay. 

Knitting

I knit Anna's bag to go with the sweater and had to rip out the flap. I hated the crocheted loop for the button. I did a button hole in the flap for it. The hat was another fun knit. I think I did row 3 of the pattern 3 times before I got it right. In the end, it looked really cute on Anna. I will be knitting this again to sell. 
And a close up of the hat. 
I picked up the Russian dress and started to work on the skirt. Before I got it into a round, I had 2/3rds of the stitches slide off the needle. I unknit 5 rows to where I had all the stitches on the needle. It took a bit to get those 5 rows knit and finally set up in the round to start the skirt. Lesson learned -- do the last row of knitting on longer cable needles so you can set up the magic loop before starting knitting in the round. In the end, I got 6 rows knit on the skirt. It is an easy knit. 

Today

More sewing on the shirt. Once the pockets are on, I will lay out the Ramble outfit as it has to be sewn by Thursday. I need to get thread to sew this outfit together. 
Until the next time........................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment