Sunday, May 06, 2018

A Day of Exploring

Though yesterday morning started out cloudy, the wind blew in blue skies and sunshine. It was sunny and warm with wind thrown into the mix for the whole day. 

Lifestyle

We headed out with Son and Daughter-in-law for a road trip or what I call exploring. We headed down the valley to Middletown which is in the middle of the Annapolis Valley. After a quick lunch, we headed towards the Bay of Fundy. We arrived at a small community named Margaretsville and it was a treat to behold. 
We drove down Lighthouse Road (more like a lane) and there was a lighthouse. Small and decommissioned in 1952, it still is in great condition. 
The wind was blowing and the waves were spectacular. 
We could see bluffs or ridge line of New Brunswick at the horizon line. The ridge line is near St. John, New Brunswick. 
The tide was low while we were there. This shows the waves coming up onto the ocean bottom. Margaretsville is full of summer cottages. 
These are some of the larger ones and could be year round homes. After looking around and enjoying this spot, we headed down the road. Boats were spotted so we turned around and went down another road towards the boats. 
With the tide out, the boats sat on the ocean bottom. 
On the other side of the wharf, were huge rocks that help cut the wind. This piece of driftwood was perched on top of some of the rocks. 
And then on the wharf, were anchors. 
From what I could see, these anchors are attached to buoys so they didn't float away. 
Our drive back took us through the agricultural zone. There were apple orchards that were 100-200 acres in size. There was so much to be seen. We ended up going to a cheese factory that makes excellent hard cheeses and to a winery. It was a fabulous day from start to finish. 

Sewing

No sewing yesterday as we were out. But I have been thinking of what I want to do with doll clothes. I am still leaning towards making ensembles and selling them. What my combinations will be is what I am working on. I can do:

  • all sewn pieces
  • all knit pieces
  • a combination of sewn and knit pieces
I want to do items that have a twist. The bling on the t-shirt was a great hit. I need to do some adjusting on it and it will be ready. I can do jeans, skirts, leggings, and knit sweaters with it. I need to move forward with my ideas and start building inventory. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night. I need to work on the Russian dress this week and get the bodice done. The skirt is going to take some time as you end up with 440+ stitches when you cast off. 
I haven't started Daughter's socks yet as they are a new pattern and one challenge is enough with the dress. As soon as I start the skirt, they will be casted on. 
I am moving forward with the doll knitting also. I want to make more sweaters using several patterns I have. I also want to do some other patterns also. I need to look at patterns for American Girl dolls as I have really collected patterns for the Gotz dolls. 

Today

I am heading into the city after lunch to do some shopping. I want to look at plants and hope to buy three hosta plants for the front of the house. Going to Ikea is in the plan. I will probably go back again this week if the plants are out and get more. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment