Thursday, May 24, 2018

Frost Is Better Than Snow

Yesterday was warm, windy, cool and we woke up to frost this morning. Better than New Brunswick and Newfoundland where they got snow.

Lifestyle

We spent yesterday morning outside and completed planting all the flowers we had. We also gathered up the soil bags and prepared everything for recycling. 
The last job before lunch was to set up the fairy gardens. Even Elliott looked out the door to see what we were doing. 
This is the closest he has gotten to going outside on his own.
Last night, we covered all the flowers and put plastic bags over the tomato cages due to a frost warning. We have a couple more nights that could have frost. 

Sewing

Though I didn't sew yesterday, I did look at old posts on sewing the Spousal Unit's shirt. I am going with bias again. When I review the shirt, I will post links to those posts. 

Knitting

The pink sweater is done and Anna got to model it. 
It fits her quite nicely but I will add two more stitches to the back button band. 
It fits a bit tight across the back. The next time I knit it, I will knit and extra 4 rows (the pattern) so the sleeves are full length rather than the 3/4 length the pattern calls for. 
I am now knitting the purse and have the flap left to do and then sew it up to be done. After that, a hat. 
Next month's Knit Along is a cute sweater that I will partake in. It will go perfectly with the dresses I am going to beta test. 

Today

I need to pick up a desk, do some shopping and some housework. Then I can sew on the shirt. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment