LifestyleI got the notion's order done and then we set about cleaning up areas of the store. It is looking good and I know we will be doing more clean up.
I coughed a lot yesterday and last night I felt like a slug. I sat on the couch with the hot water bottle against by back and a blanket over me. I am feeling a bit better this morning but my voice is raspy.
SewingI gathered up the left over fabric from the quilt block and have it ready to go to the store for others to use. I am happy to have it leave the house. Less to store even it if isn't a lot. I am working on having less in my stash.
Myrna wrote the following:
In Anuschka Rees' book - The Curated Closet - she talks about minimalism as a style and says it's all about that little bit of extra intention and making conscious choices. It's about being thoughtful and selective and figuring out what's right for you and your life specifically instead of blindly following trends or the advice of others. Minimalism is not a numbers game. The goal is not to build a wardrobe that is as small as possible but one that is as functional and personalized as possible.
I read those words several times and realize that what we want in our lives is going to be right for us. We love our house to have exactly what we want in it and we are not following trends or the advice of others. It is true for what I want in my wardrobe.
I have been thinking of my wardrobe and here is what I have come up with.
- I like my clothes to have clean lines. I do not like dramatic or creative clothing. I feel uncomfortable in them. I like clothes that are casual and have simple lines.
- I like natural fabrics and tend to migrate to them. Of the synthetic fabrics, I will look at Ponte and a few others that breathe.
- My favourite neutral colours are black and navy (denim is included). My other colours include fuchsia, hot pink, blues, blue reds and purples. I will wear pale pink, blue, and, on occasion, pale green.
- I wear a lot of plain vs. print fabrics. I will wear plaids and a few prints if they catch my eye.
- I love having my clothes work together: jeans, vests, tops, and pants that I can mix and match. With that, I feel I can have 11 to 15 pieces that will make a wonderful wardrobe.
I work and will probably rest when I get home. I want to get over this cold ASAP.
Until the next time.............................