Thursday, January 12, 2017

A Very Cold Day

It is cold again this morning. The coolest was at 4 a.m. and the weather website said -23.8C which is the same as yesterday. Tonight is suppose to be cold again and then they say it is suppose to warm up.


We got the shopping done and were home in good time. We didn't go out again so I have to gas up the car on the way to work this morning. Stupid of me to do that.
I did laundry and remained in the basement. I tried to stay out of the guys' way coming up when called. It made for less stress for me. The first call came when the counter top was put on.
We did play for a few minutes before I headed back down to the basement.
We looked at the backsplash which is going to be nice but kind of disappeared into the green wall.
While we were looking at something on the table, Elliott decided to give his opinion.
I then headed back to the basement, came up for a few minutes about the sink, and then emerged mid afternoon craving sunshine. I got to see this.
Though the dishwasher isn't hooked up, I was so excited that I did dishes in the new sink twice and wiped the cupboards as the Spousal Unit put on the new handles.
I took a look down our hallway with the trim all painted and I love what I see.
It feels so calm to me that I stared at it for quite a while. Only a half circle table with a couple of items on it will reside at the end of the hall.


While in the basement waiting for laundry, I did a few things in the sewing area. I got all the lobster bibs but one covered with vinyl.
I was short 4" so that piece will make a raincoat and hat for the dolls. I will get another piece today for the last piece of fabric. The bibs that are done reside on the back part of the clothes rack.
Then I decided to work on the quilt block and got part of it done.

I will be working on it for the next few days off to get it done. Three trees need to be stitched, around the lake, the water and lighthouse done and then Ontario emboidered on. Then I will decide if I need to add something else. It has to be done by the end of January.


I got 10 rows knit on the second sock. I will be working on it in the evenings. I want them done by month's end so I can send them with Grandson's birthday gift.


 I work the early shift so am getting up and getting ready. I will be doing a notions order which means cleaning up and stocking before I order. I will keep busy.
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment