Monday, May 29, 2017

Bridal Bouquet Done

Yesterday was a warm day with a high of 32C or 92F. Today is to be another warm day also and then it is suppose to cool off and have showers. We did have a heat shower yesterday just before dinner.

Lifestyle

Our big surprise this year is the miniature weigela bush that is in the front flower bed. It is covered in blooms this year meaning it loves the treatment we are giving it.
This bush will grow to be 3 feet tall and we were so excited when we found it in the front flower garden after we moved in almost 2 years ago. The second weigela bush is starting to bloom and will grow to be 6-8 feet tall.
We sat outside yesterday after lunch for a bit and talked to Son and family in Nova Scotia. Though on the north side of the house, it was warm sitting out there. We have been drinking a lot of water and I know I must drink more when at work.
The Spousal Unit put the old kitchen table together in the basement and we got it in its place. I will start to move my sewing machine to the basement when I have a few minutes. The ironing board has to go down also.
I started again at Weight Watchers. My frame of mind is there and I am ready to do this again. With the Spousal Unit being stronger and doing more things, I can, once again focus on myself.

Sewing

I finished the bridal bouquet and it was a lot of work. Tiny satin roses were hand stitched onto the pompom.
Then I tied a tiny ribbon onto a clear hair elastic and sewed that onto the pompom. More ribbons were sewn on. Finally I strung tiny clear seed beads and teal pearl beads onto silk thread which was sewn onto the pompom. It was declared done.
I cut out another pair of panties for the next doll to wear under her red and white dress.
I carefully removed the elastic from the children's panties while sitting outside. I then cut out the pattern and sewed the elastic back on. I did straight stitching with a zig-zag finish as I need to rethread my serger. I am thinking of adding 3/8" to the panties to make them a bit longer in the body. I'm still thinking on this.
Knitting
I looked at the socks I started in January and am almost ready to throw them in the trash. I don't mind the yarn but I need start again in the fall with a fresh mind. I have several negative thoughts associated with these socks so I feel I need to move on to another project.

Today

I start the first of four days so I won't get a lot done at home.
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment