Monday, September 07, 2026

Starting the Afghan Again

 Yesterday was wet, windy and the high got to 14C. This morning it is cloudy and 11C. Today is supposed be cloudy with showers and a high of 17C.

Lifestyle

I started the morning out doing the balance sheet. No problems or issues with it and I was done in about 40 minutes. I put it away and then folded laundry. Not a hard job to do and I was glad to have it done. 

As I was sitting watching it rain and thinking of the heavy rainfall in Cape Breton, a car backed into the driveway. I put the laundry into the bedroom and headed out to talk to the people. They had come to buy the antique desk.

I thought the man was buying the desk but it was his son. The young man loves antiques and when he saw it on Facebook Marketplace, he wanted it to do his writing at. His dad called him an "old soul". At that moment, I knew the desk was going to a good home as it would be loved and used. We had used it over the years and loved it. 

Mid afternoon I went to Dartmouth with family. Daughter-in-law and I went to Costco and Walmart so she could get a few things. I got coffee, slippers, and Halloween candy. After that was done, we headed to have dinner. We went to The Naan Factory for Indian food. We had rice, 3 curries, and naan. It was delicious. Two of the curries were mild and the third one had a bite to it. All had chicken in them. The naan were the best I have eaten. 

After dinner, we walked down the strip mall to an Asian food store. It was different to the other asian food stores we go to. More spices than you could ever imagine. Daughter-in-law found a date paste she uses when cooking Thai food. We wandered the whole store looking at everything. From there we headed for home. October is going to be Thai food and after that they will look for other ethnic restaurants. It is going to be our once a month out for dinner. 

Sewing

I did not sew yesterday. I need to starch fabric and let it dry while I cut out and sew the 4 red maple leaf blocks. 

Knitting

I ripped out the 6 rows I had knit on the afghan, changed the needle size and cast on 300 stitches in the afternoon. I knit 6 rows last night and am ready to start on the pattern. I do like the feel of the knitting on the larger needles. 

Thoughts

    It rained a lot yesterday. The storm swirled back on to us which they forecasted. Most of the time, the rain came down heavy but it did ease at times. The wind blew a lot and was still blowing good at 10 pm. By then the rain had stopped. Everything is soaking wet which is great. 

    Daughter let me know that her dog, Ruger, won the field trial again yesterday. I will find out more today. 

Today

I am back to cleaning the bathroom this morning and hope to starch the rest of the table runner fabric. I want to cut and start sewing the red maple leaves. Tonight I will knit on the afghan. Today is a quiet day for me as most stores are closed on Labour Day Monday. 

Until the next time.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment