Monday, September 21, 2026

Almost Half Done The Quilting

 Yesterday was another sunny day with a high of 15C. This morning it is cloudy, damp, and 12C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with possible showers. The high is to get to 17C.

Lifestyle

I was out the door to make sandwiches yesterday morning. Just as we ended my glute had a terrible cramp in it and it almost put me on the floor. It came out of nowhere. I hobbled to the car when everything was done and headed home. 

At home, my neighbour brought me her horse's fly sheet to repair. We talked for a bit. When she left I hobbled to the couch and sat with heat on my sore spots. I was not a happy lady with the pain. 

I realized at about 7:30 pm I was exhausted. My emotions were all over the board; sad, angry, frustrated to name a few. By 8 pm I was in bed and fast asleep. I woke at 1:30 and then not again until almost 6 am. I do feel better this morning though I have a bit of soreness in my SI joint. 

Sewing

I spent over an hour sewing in the morning and got quite a bit done. After lunch, I drew some more lines and continued on. By 3:30 pm I was almost half done the quilting. 

I drew 5 more lines and have the bottom off white part of the border done and am ready to start on the gold part. 

I was down on the sewing floor to find a spool of thread. While down there, I hand swept all the loose threads into a pile and put it into the trash. I also picked up all the loose pins that had fallen out of the table runner. When at the cutting table I swept the floor and put it all into the trash. The trash was all put into one bag and taken out to the trash can in the garage. I did feel better doing that job.

Knitting

I knit another 8 rows on the afghan last night. It is growing slowly and the ball is getting smaller quite quickly now. 

I am waiting to see if the ball ends up being dark or light. That will help me choose the next ball of yarn. All of the wound yarn is sitting on the couch waiting for me to choose them for the afghan. 

Thoughts

    I didn't realize how exhausted I had gotten until last night. I know that I have been stressed out with the table runner. I have been pushing hard on other things. Combined it hasn't allowed me to sleep well at night. Add in pain and I had a vicious cycle happening. I have to start thinking about how I am going to deal with everything and still stay relaxed and calm so I sleep well. I do hope the pain subsides so I can do things I need to do.

    Yesterday a basking shark was spotted in the Bedford Basin in Halifax. The videos show it to be massive and it was swimming around at the yacht club. It was also spotted in the main part of the basin. They are said to be harmless but the size of it makes it look the opposite. 

Today

I am going to spend the morning doing a few things that need to be done and get a few groceries. I will work on the table runner this afternoon. I have a meeting to attend tonight and once home, I will knit on the afghan. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment