Yesterday was sunny and warm. The high got to 20C. This morning it is clear and 10C. Today is supposed to be sunny with a high of 16C. There could be a risk of frost tonight.
Lifestyle
I spent a lot of time sewing yesterday but I did go get groceries just before noon. I went my usual way and realized it was a mistake. The exhibition started yesterday and people were parking on the road and going into the grocery store parking lot to park. People were walking everywhere and it was slow going. I realized this too late as this weekend and the next on are not weekends to be shopping in town.
The grocery store was busy but I got everything I needed and came home another way. I put it all into the fridge as most was to go to family's for sandwiches.
And stupidly enough, I went the same route to pick up dinner. It wasn't as crazy as it would have been an hour later when people would go for the evening. The restaurant where I picked up dinner was nearly empty though it was only 4:30 pm. I am sure it would be busy with take out orders.
Daughter-in-law and I finished making the fillings for the sandwiches and took them to the hall. We got it all put away and then we did the cookie trays. It was back to their place to watch some videos on houses in Uruguay and Argentina. These were the luxury homes where we said we might be able to afford a banana off one of the banana trees. What was surprising was how big the rooms were with some having dining room tables to seat 10 and outdoor bbq areas to seat 15 to 20 people. The kitchens were smaller in size relative to the size of the houses. It was interesting to look at the videos.
Sewing
I worked on the table runner in the morning and afternoon. By lunch time, I had the border on the other end. I was pleased with how well it went together.
After lunch I thought I would get two remaining yellow leaves cut out and one sewn. I was surprised that I got both the leaves sewn and attached to the table runner. I made great progress on it yesterday and am ready to get the thread for quilting it. This afternoon I hope to do that.Knitting
None done last night as I got home after 8 pm.
Thoughts
The exhibition held here each fall is a very long running fair. It started in 1765. It is the oldest continuously running fair in North America which goes back to 1815. I don't go now but when I did, I enjoyed watching the oxen pulls and the tractor pulls. My favourite is the oxen pulls. The owners are fabulous as they know when to stop their animals so they don't get hurt. One of the owners told us that a team can pull a specific weight one time and not the next. He said that the handler has to know when to stop the pull.
I am on call for the bar tonight. It is a small family reunion and daughter-in-law thinks she can do it on her own. I also put the catering for dinners into my calendar. I am not able to do one as I am out of town that day. I will help with the other 3.
Today
I am out shortly to make sandwiches. Once home, I will finish the table runner and then head out to get the thread for it. I want to look at fabric for a class I am taking in November. This afternoon, I want to sandwich the table runner and then start quilting it. Tonight I will knit unless I need to help with the bar.
Until the next time.....................................................


No comments:
Post a Comment