Tuesday, September 22, 2026

More Done On The Table Runner

 Yesterday started out with rain, then showers, then rain and finally it cleared off and was nice. The high got to 17C. This morning it is cloudy and 7C. Today is supposed to be mainly sunny with a high of 17C. 

Lifestyle

I did my balance sheet first thing and then emptied the dishwasher and folded laundry and put it away. When that was done, I laid on the bed and did some of my exercises. I noticed that I could do two of them easier and better. I did the stretch for the SI joint and then the one for the piriformis which also stretched the sore SI joint. When I sat up, I realized I didn't have one of my sore spots. I looked at my legs and they were straight out with very little soreness. Usually the right one is turned outwards. I got up and walked. Only my SI joint was sore. I started to think.

As I was thinking, I went grocery shopping. I noticed that I could walk better but didn't focus on it a lot. I got the groceries I needed and left as the store was busy. Once home, I put away the groceries and made lunch. My muscles were tired but not painfully sore. I sat on heat to make sure they were okay. The only soreness was my SI joint. 

I was out last night for the community hall's meeting. I helped put cookies into their containers for the freezer. The meeting was 30 minutes long and I was home by 7:15 pm. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon quilting the table runner. I made a lot of progress on it. I got the rows done that I had hoped to and drew 6 mores lines to quilt. I got the off white border quilted on the bottom of the table runner. 

You can see the lines where I have to quilt today. I don't have a lot left to do. There will be a lot of thread changes in the last part. 

I am happy to see the end of this quilt coming. My goal is to deliver it on Friday or Saturday. 

Knitting

I did knit last night. I got a few rows knit. It is now 8.25" long and I have started a new ball of yarn. 

I am looking forward to it being longer so it will cover my legs and keep them warm while I knit. 

Thoughts

    I did a lot of thinking about why I have no pain in my hip area. The physiotherapist had said a long time ago my hip ball may not be seated properly in the socket. She thought it was permanent and I would walk with a funny gait. I totally agreed with her about that. I think that over the past two weeks, the ball has slowly moved back into its proper position in the socket. The muscle pain I have had lately has been my body adjusting to it moving back into place. Sunday was a flare up and yesterday it was properly seated. The only pain I have is the SI joint. I am hoping that it will stop tightening up after physio in 2 weeks. I am now going to have to work on strengthening the muscles as some haven't done any work for a long time and others need to adapt to the new way I move. 

    We get 3 sunny days and then the weekend could be damp or very wet from a storm developing off the southeastern coast of the US. It could hit us or it could just move on by without bothering us too much. It is the season for these types (and worse) storms. 

Today

I have to type the minutes for last night's meeting and make a batch of cookies. I am going to quilt the table runner this afternoon and knit tonight. I really do need to make myself something for dinner the next couple of night's. I really do need to make a hearty soup as it is cool enough to have the soup pot on. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment