Yesterday was sunny and warm with a high of 21C. This morning it is mainly clear and 7C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with rain tonight. The high is supposed to get to 21C.
Lifestyle
Daughter-in-law picked me up and we were at the hall by 8 am to make sandwiches. I made the cucumber sandwiches before I started cutting and putting the sandwiches on trays. I kept moving around as I was sorer than I thought I would be. The job was done by 9 am.
Daughter-in-law and I headed to the city. Our first stop was in Bedford as she had to pick up her glasses at Walmart. We got groceries for her and the sandwiches while there. We were walking up to get cat litter and I found my book.
I was really excited as it is something I have been hunting for. Crazily enough, I missed it when I shopped at the store on Friday.We did snoop in the clearance section. I bought a 2 lb weight to hold my smaller rulers in place when cutting quilting strips. I also bought a pizza cutter.
Our next stop was the Wholesale Store. It is where you buy big batches of food. We buy certain items there for making sandwiches and for catering dinners.
It was then off to Costco. By this time we had been in 3 communities. Costco was super busy and very frustrating. We had 2 buggies as we were buying in bulk. I went off to get lunch (hotdogs and pop) and daughter-in-law discovered that she had items on her receipt that were someone else's. She had to get a refund on them. How did that happen? The lady who will put your small orders on your card so you only have to pay at the till started ours and said it was too large. She forgot to cancel our order and went to the next person. We will never use that service as it was the last straw of our trip. But really, it wasn't.
Our next and last stop was the Asian store. We went in our usual way only to find that the next exit was being paved and we couldn't get through. We had to turn around and go down further to get in. It was so busy with people not knowing what to do that she parked the car in an empty spot and walked down to the store. She got what she needed and we left the city.
We got home in good time and I hobbled into the house. I was extremely sore and it was limiting my mobility. I put heat on my SI joint, I rolled it, I walked about, and nothing was working. My SI joint was tight and the muscles were letting me know that they were protecting it. It was an afternoon of pain and discomfort. When I went to bed, I gave it one good stretch and there was a loud crack and the pain was almost gone. I stretched it a couple more times. No more cracks.
Sewing
I didn't sew yesterday as I was in pain.
Knitting
I did knit 4 rows on the afghan last night.
It is coming along slowly but surely. I do have all winter to knit on it.Thoughts
I had an extremely busy week. Some of my tiredness was from that. Some was from the pain I had with my SI joint rebelling. This week I will be out doing things but I am going to pace myself a bit better.
Falling coming and it has been wonderful having cool mornings and warmer afternoons. I want to do a bit of work outside as I start to prep the yard for winter. We are lucky enough that this weather could last until mid October or even later.
Today
I have to do the balance sheet, tidy up inside, do laundry and clean up the plants on the deck. I am going to sew the pillow cases today and get them off the list. I hope to knit tonight. It is a day at home for me after a busy week.
Until the next time................................................


No comments:
Post a Comment