Friday, September 25, 2026

Half The Binding Hand Sewn Down

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 19C. This morning it is partly cloudy, foggy, and 6C. Today is supposed to be sunny and 18C. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door to make sandwiches at the community hall. I got there early to start the set up and we were gone in 55 minutes. Once home, I had something to drink and put some heat on the sore muscles. 

My lawn was cut at noon and it is looking so much better than it was. We have had a lot of dew in the mornings which is great for the new seeding. It has also been cool enough that ground is not drying out that much. 

Late in the afternoon I took the mixing bowls and containers to family. I also took son his jalapeño peppers. We chatted for a few minutes and I left. 

Sewing

My day was basically consumed with the table runner. I stitched and took out stitches. My machine decided to make rat's nests on the back. I had to rethread the machine and bobbin. It happens on occasion and usually when I a rushing. It is frustrating and I need to remind myself to stop, take some deep breathes, and rethread the machine. 

I finished the quilting, fixed a couple of areas I wasn't happy with. I did a row of stitching 1/8" from the edge, trimmed it square and started making the binding. By 4 pm, I had almost half of the binding hand sewn down. 

I am going to admit that I am at the stage where I hate this table runner. I have been so focused on it, that I can see every flaw and mistake. And yes, there is a mistake in it. I want to toss it but know that once I finish it and distance myself from it, I will, once again, like it. 

Once this project is done, I will be cleaning the sewing room as it is a mess. Then it will be on to fixing the light blanket for my neighbour's horse. Something that requires no hours of focusing on tiny squares. 

Knitting

I knit about 7 rows last night. The afghan is growing and I can't wait for it to keep me warm. That might be in January when it is cold outside. 

Thoughts

    I am looking forward to doing more fall cleaning. I have missed the routine of cleaning in the morning and sewing in the afternoon. I am also going to be doing some more cooking as I have one freezer meal left. 

    I was a bit sorer yesterday as I sat for long periods of time at the sewing machine. Once I got up to make the binding, I noticed the pain subsided but it didn't go away. My SI joint and a couple of muscles were rebelling on me. I am looking forward to doing things where I can get up and move on a regular basis. 

    The fog came in early and fast this morning. We didn't get frost this morning. But the frost has done its magic. The hydrangeas have turned to a dark red and look stunning. One variety of maple trees have turned a bright orange. I drove down a street admiring the colours.

Today

I am going to finish the table runner this morning so I can get it to the quilt shop. I need to do a couple of things before I go. I am at family's for dinner and to help with the prep for sandwiches tomorrow and Sunday. I don't know if I will knit tonight. It depends on when I get home. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment