Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Pillow Cases Finished

 Yesterday was mainly sunny and humid. The high got to 21C (humidex 26C). This morning it is clear and 8C. Today is supposed to be sunny with a high of 20C. 

Lifestyle

It was cooking day for me. I made a batch of meat sauce which turned out really tasty. I am trying to use up what meat I have in the freezer so I can get stock up again in December. I got 5 dishes of sauce for meals and put 3 into the freezer. 

While the sauce was cooking, I tidied up the kitchen. I did a good cleaning of the counter tops and they were dusty. With construction across the road we have dust floating in and around all the time. I also made sure that what I had fall cleaned was still staying clean. I want to get back to fall cleaning soon. 

I went out to get a couple of items from the grocery store. It was then that I felt the humidity. The grocery store wasn't very busy and I got done in good time. 

Dinner was easy last night. I had gnocchi with the meat sauce and a salad. I do enjoy meals that I make and am going to be doing more. It is time to start thinking about soup even though it is going to be warm for the next few days. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon sewing the pillow cases. I almost have a system going for them. I am not a fan of the trim as I can't get them to match at the side seam. I am thinking I may have to baste them down before sewing the cuff. They seem to shift a bit on me. 

I did stitch the trim piece down as these pillow cases will be washed a lot. The last pillow case I made, I was a bit worried as I couldn't find the rust thread. I had some on a bobbin so I used it for the top and didn't change the bobbin thread. 

I now need to put them into a zip bag and return them on October 13. 

It will be back to the table runner and the yellow leaves. It was good to have a break from it as I am now ready to work on small pieces of fabric. 

Knitting

I knit 6 rows last night and the afghan is growing slowly. I enjoy watching the yarn go from dark to light and back again. 

Thoughts

    I went down a rabbit hole researching recipes I can make that are flavourful and nutritious. I do have a list of soups I can make as I do eat a lot of soup for lunch. I have a few ideas in place for dinner. Most recipes are large and if I can't freeze them I have to eliminate them. I hate eating the same food for 5 days in a row. 

    I saw two mature deer with two babies the other day. There are a few of them still around but most seem to have moved on to a quieter area. I did notice less damage of plants in the area this year and they certainly did not come into my yard at all. The biggest reason is all the development going on around us. 

Today

I am going to start putting everything away outside. The lawn is going to be seeded today which will be nice. I want to work on the table runner this afternoon and knit tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment