Tuesday, September 08, 2026

A Maple Leaf Block Laid Out

 Yesterday was mainly cloudy with some wind. The high got to 17C. This morning it is minaly clear and 14C. Today is supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds with some showers. The high is to get to 18C. 

Lifestyle

I got the bathroom done. I scrubbed the shower and used a bleach product on the shower curtain and base of the shower to make sure no pink mould would grow. Then I tackled the toilet. When they were cleaned, I started to wipe down the walls. I used a mop as I can't get to a lot of the areas using a ladder. The walls weren't that dirty, mainly dusty. I did the floor last doing part on my hands and knees and part with the mop. It is now officially cleaned and I am happy to have that room done. 

I did get side tracked a bit. I want two cleaners and the toilet bowl cleaner in the bathroom. I had watched a video on shopping at Dollarama and the person said that the difference between a cleaner and a disinfectant is one has a DIN number (EPA in the US). I wanted one of each in the bathroom. I do have one of each in the bathroom now. I also know that finding the DIN number on the bottle is difficult to find as it is in such small printing. I am going to confess that I have a lot of cleaners under the kitchen sink once again. I have pledged to use them up and stream line them once again. 

My shoulder has been hurting since taking the afghan apart and winding the yarn into balls. I wondered if I had irritated it and some muscles were sore. I rotated it last night and it cracked really good. Pain is virtually gone. I am monitoring it to make sure I don't over do it when knitting. 

Sewing

The first job of the afternoon was to starch the remaining fabric so I can cut leaves and border pieces. My iron gummed up with the starch left on the ironing board. I had to clean it so it wouldn't mark the fabric. 

I started to make the leaves for the corner blocks of the table runner. I cut small squares and made half triangles. I sewed, trimmed, and pressed these little pieces to make sure they were perfect. I realized when I was almost done that I could make them 8 at a time using a 5.25" square of fabric. I also did the stem square. I did finish cutting out the pieces for one square and called it a day. 

I do have the half triangle squares and the stems for the other 3 blocks done in the red. I want to cut out the solid blocks and sew them all at once. The worst is done for this colour. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and did my shoulder hurt a lot. It was after I had done 8 rows that I stretched and rotated it. 

I do like the feel of the afghan using these needles. Dense enough to keep me warm but loose enough to feel soft. 

With 300 stitches and 10 balls of yarn to knit, I will be busy for a while. 

Thoughts

    I watched a video by Pin Cut Sew yesterday and she was making her version of the Trader Joe bag. I am thinking I will make a couple of these this winter and call. them "Breeder Survival Bags" and donate them to field trials. I can add some dog treats, poop bags, a few snacks and a bottle of wine. The pocket can be the focal point of the bag. 

    Daughter let me know last night that she had to go to emergency as she was in a lot of pain. She has a rotor cuff injury and is wearing a brace to help keep it still. I am sure the cause is from the dogs pulling on their leashes. She will get over it and people are going to help her at the next field trial. They will take the dogs out and bring them back in during the competition. On the up side of the weekend, Ruger now gets a name change as he has enough points to achieve his FTCH (field trial champion). The hard work she had done has paid off. 

Today

I am out for osteopathy this morning. I need to get a few groceries afterwards. Once home, I want to work on the maple leaf squares with hopes of having all 4 sewn together. Tonight I will knit on the afghan. The beginning of a busy week for me. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment