Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Tiny Necklaces

The weather in our area has been colder than normal. We are looking forward to spring and warmer days.

Lifestyle

The house renovations are complete and the tools are gone. We are now ready to clean the house and put our furniture and other items away in their proper places. I would like to have it done in a month which should be doable.
We both love the look of our house and it should feel comfortable once we get it set up and decorated. The goal is to keep it simple and tidy.

Sewing

I haven't looked at my sewing this week but I did do some jewelry making one night after work. It was our team building night for the three of us. We had a lot of fun doing simple items.
My first item was a very simple and quick necklace using a piece of rhinestone beading. I used a special cup holder for the end rhinestones to set in so I could add a magnetic clasp.
It is the longer necklace on the doll. This quick and simple necklace took me about 10 minutes to make.
The second necklace took a lot longer. I used a lot more supplies; pins, beads, magnetic closure, rings and chain. This necklace is based on one the manager learned to make at the manager's meeting last September.
 It took a while to make the bead part of the necklace. I didn't have a round nose plier so was fighting to make nice closed loops and the necklace kept falling apart. But, I succeeded in making a tiny necklace.
I have since found more information on beginner's beading and will be doing those lessons on my time off. Next on the list is to make a doll's pearl necklace.

Today

This is day 5 of working and I have the early shift. Tomorrow we head out as the Spousal Unit has to be at the cancer clinic for his check up. One year ago he finished chemo and is now starting to feel stronger. It hasn't been a good year for him.
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment