Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Sewing For People -- Begun

We have had hot humid weather that has been getting to us. 
A few hours apart yesterday. The "feels like" temperatures are the humidex temperatures and it feels like that outside. And it is going to be another hot one today. We love you A/C.

Lifestyle

On Sunday the plan was to BBQ a prime rib roast for the Spousal Unit's birthday dinner. It was raining, hot and humid but we persevered. We got out and set up a canopy that has been in our possession for 5+ years. I got to BBQ under cover and it was perfect. 
We laid low on Monday and Tuesday because of the heat but last night the Spousal Unit mowed the lawns. It is nice to have that job done. 

Sewing

With the last test officially done, I am waiting to post pictures when the patterns are released. In the mean time, I tried out a new pattern that has disappeared off the face of the earth. 
A really cute backpack. I chose some left over fabrics to make it. I made another one which I will ship to a doll who loves to knit. 

This is the exact same as the first one. They take less than 45 minutes to sew. 
I will be starting another test on Monday. In the mean time, I laid out my t-shirt pattern and added the dolls' t-shirt patterns to the mix. I won't be making long sleeves for the dolls this time as I don't want to cut into the fabric below my sleeve pattern. 
When I cut out the pieces (after I pin them down), I will add another 1/4" to the back pieces so I have 1/2" to turn under to sew snaps onto. I will save the bits on each side of my sleeve pattern for later on. 
My t-shirt pattern is a trial to start making myself a TNT pattern. If I keep loosing weight, I will have to go down a size and start over again. But, if the alterations I made on this one are correct, it won't be as hard to do. This is a boring item but t-shirts are a staple in my wardrobe. 

Knitting

I haven't touched any knitting in the evenings. I am usually too tired from the heat or my hands don't want to touch the wool. I may move my knitting to the basement so I can finish up the beaded sweater. 

Today

I need to get a few groceries, sweep the upstairs, and then start on the t-shirts. Pin the pattern pieces down and cut out. Tonight I have WW and I am hoping I have a good loss. If I do well, I may meet my goal by the end of August or early September. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment