Wednesday, July 18, 2018

New Hay, New Friends, New Memories

After several days of warm weather, I woke at 4 a.m. to rain falling. 20C and rain equals warm muggy weather. We will see another warm spell this coming week. 

Lifestyle

Though the humidex said 38C, we went out to see hay being turned and found it all baled. The tractor and trailer was coming so everyone pitched in to help load the hay. 
While some rode on the wagon to the barn, we drove down and watched them stack it in the barn. 
Even the Spousal Unit helped load and unload hay. 
While at the barn, the Spousal Unit and I looked at their blueberry bushes and flowers. 

We enjoyed our visit with these people. New friends and fun memories. As we walked up the field for the last time, I took a picture of these flowers. 
Our evening was one filled with beeps from one of our smoke detectors. We finally figured out the back up battery was dead. Removed one smoke detector and thought we were good to go. The beeping noise started up again and we had to dismantle a second one. The only detector untouched is the one in our bedroom. No more noises but I will change the batteries in all the detectors. 

Sewing

I worked on the next part of the test pattern; the last part I can do. This item is made out of cotton velveteen. It frays fiercely, especially when turning it inside out and right side out. The project is sewn with just the trim left to do. If I sew it again, it will not be done in cotton velveteen. 
I had a couple of minutes to finish up the hat I made for Laura. I hand gathered some left over lace to make a flower and put it around the silver button. I also trimmed the rick rack. 

Once I clear my table off and sew up a couple of items I want to do some smocking for the dolls. My idea came from the beautiful dresses Princess Charolette wears. 
Found on Pinterest
The patterns I will use are the following ones. 
I will basically use this pattern except I will use the sleeves on the pink one. 
My color scheme will be pink with navy smocking. I want to knit a burgundy cardigan and buy burgundy shoes. 

Knitting

I am working on the second sleeve of the beaded sweater. I may undo the first sleeve and redo it as I am not pleased with it. This sweater will be done again in acrylic yarn as it tests well. Color choice will be different as I am using up left over yarn. I can hardly wait for this pattern to debut as I can then show how I do the beading and how I come up with my designs. 

Today

We are out and about this morning. Grandson has a workshop he is going to and we get our hair cut. After lunch I want to work on the test project and try to complete it. It is time to move onto something new. 
Until the next time.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment