Monday, April 28, 2014

Boogie The Bridge

Yesterday was Boogie the Bridge in the city of Kamloops. We got up early and was out of the house by 6:45 a.m. I ate breakfast on the way in. Hard boiled egg, bagel with peanut butter and jam, and a banana on a china plate.

There were 2100 people registered for this 1, 5, 10 and 21K run. Some were out to beat their last year’s time, others were out for the first time, many out to walk the route, and then there were the children who were boogieing 1K. They were the cutest. There were many spouses, friends and others who mingled amongst the runners talking, encouraging, and laughing at silly comments to keep everyone relaxed.

boogie the bridge1

We got our packets and in them were our bibs and shirts.


On the back of the bottom piece is a tag that has our information on it in case of an emergency and a timer that gave the computer our race time.


The shirts we could have worn during the race but I didn’t. I am saving it to show our grandson.

We had a team picture but not all 46 people showed up for it.

Team Ashcroft

The 5K group were let through the starting gate at 9:20 a.m. and it was amazing to see how many people started off walking. A friend and I were doing 3 min walk, 4 min jog. I paced myself and didn’t break stride for the full 5k. When we were running the first 2.5k, all you could see was a sea of red. This picture was on Facebook showing the long line of people boogieing the bridge.

boogie the bridge

We were jogging when we finished and were told we looked good. The Spousal Unit thought we did it in around 50 minutes (secondary goal was 55 minutes).

Everyone got a medal and I am proud of mine. It signifies I could do it.


We hung around to greet the 21K runners and then left the area before the big exit.

The next time will be easier. This little booklet tells it all and we needed it two weeks ago. Would have cut down on some of the first time anxiety.


My food reward was an iced cinnamon bun. It was yummy good. I did my glucose reading before dinner and it was 5.4. My cells used up all the glucose that treat put into my body.

In the afternoon, we transplanted tomatoes, sat around in the sunshine, and talked. The sewing room door wasn’t even opened. Today I have to prepare for a meeting, do laundry, and, if time, sew on the mystery quilt.

Until tomorrow……………………….

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I'd like to do a 5K but it's going to be a while. Have to be able to walk around a few blocks first. :P}}
    What a great accomplishment! You rock.