Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Working On A Doll's Dress and Frustration Hits

 Yesterday's weather was interesting. It was sunny and then it clouded over and got really dark. Very little rain fell. It turned cool and the wind blew in from the northwest and we woke up to -6C this morning. The wind chill was -12C. The sun is shining which is nice. 

Lifestyle

I was out shopping in the morning and then home to a quiet boring morning. I did get a message one parcel had arrived at the post box so right after lunch I went and got it. We opened Christmas presents from our daughter. We were spoiled once again by them. 

We listened to the briefing on the virus in our province yesterday. There were 33 cases reported over the 5 days we had no reporting. Twenty-eight are travel related or close contacts to those cases. Five are under investigation and they are the worrisome ones. One person is in the hospital but not in ICU. We have been asked to continue to be diligent of which people are in the province. 

Sewing

The last of the pants are hemmed and ready for delivery. It is nice to have them done ahead of time. 

I cut out the pattern and taped it together. I then took it over to lay it out on the fabric. Frustration arose and I had to look for another piece of fabric. 

I decided on this one. I posted my frustration onto a doll forum and some comment made me think. I may have enough of the green as I was trying to get the sleeves and collar pieces on. They are to be white. So I try again. 

Daughter gave me this piece of fabric for Christmas. 


I see a doll's dress made out of this. She also gave me more thread and I'm going to try a rolled hem on a doll's dress using the red, navy, and red/navy variegated thread. Ideas are going through my head with it. 

Knitting

I worked on the sleeves last night and am now decreasing the sleeve cap. Still about 25 rows to knit but I am making progress. 

Daughter sent 6 balls of yarn I bought. They are lovely and will make nice messy bun hats, a hat and scarf for me, and what ever else I can think of. 

Today

I am going to start cleaning up from Christmas and get ready to have New Years Eve dinner at our house tomorrow. I want to pin the doll's pattern onto the green fabric again and will do more knitting tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment