Thursday, December 17, 2020

A Busy Productive Day

Yesterday was another cold day. The high got to -5C. This morning it was -10C when we got up at 6:30 a.m. It is suppose to get a bit warmer today (-3C) and snow for until Friday morning. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was house cleaning and the bathroom, stairs and front entry got done. It is nice to see the house being tidy and clean. 

At noon I was reading about condensation on windows. We have it on ours due to the house being tightly sealed. I went to the site that makes our ventilation system and it has been wonderfully updated to include information on how to maintain the system. With much swearing, I got the front panel off ours and <gasp> one of the filters was filthy dirty. Both got removed and washed. I put them back in until I can get new filters for the unit. There was equally as much swearing putting the front panel back on. 

Mid afternoon, I decided to finish up the decorating and the house is done but a couple of tiny things. Here is the tree. 

The bottom row of lights weren't working but I got that figured out at bedtime. 

Under the tree is Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore. They have been in or on our Christmas trees since the early 1980's.

I enjoyed decorating and will add more pictures over the next few days. 

There were 4 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. All are in the Central Health Zone. The restrictions that have been in place will continue to Monday and then there are new restrictions in place for all of the province until Jan. 11. That allows for (hopefully) safe visiting over the holidays. 

Sewing

The reusable grocery bag was worked on and the outer part and handles are done. I am ready to start the lining. When done, I just have grandson's pajama pants to make. Hurrah. 

Once done, I will do a clean up and prepare for 2021. I will end the year with printing a couple of patterns, pressing fabric, and hemming grandson's school pants.

Knitting

I knit on the dress last night and got a few rows done before my hands cramped up on me. This project may be done by Sunday as it is a fairly easy knit. Then I will focus on the daisy stitch sweater and try to finish it up by the end of the year.

Today

It is kitchen cleaning day and I hope to have it done in good time. It isn't overly dirty as I've been keeping up on it. I would like to finish the bag and knit more on the dress. We will not be going out unless it is to shovel snow and get Elliott a bag of food. 

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment