Tuesday, December 29, 2020

A Bit of This And A Bit of That

 The weather has been cool and we've seen sunshine. Today it was 6C at 6 a.m., the rain is over and we could see flurries during the day. It is going to cool off again. 

Lifestyle

We have been tired and wondering why. I think we haven't enough air movement in the house. I turned the air exchange onto high, opened our bedroom window a bit and we felt better. I do need to get new filters and have a third filter cleaned. 

I've been keeping the house clean, doing laundry, and relaxing a bit more than normal. I haven't read but will get to it one day. I also haven't had a day of doing nothing either. 

The only one being lazy is Elliott. He had a feed of turkey on Dec. 27 and last night and this was his position for both evenings. 

He doesn't move a muscle until its treat time at 8 p.m. He then comes alive.

There were 13 cases reported over the 4 days of holidays. The cases are linked to other cases or from travel outside the Atlantic provinces. 

Sewing

I have hemmed 2 pairs of grandson's uniform pants and can get a pair done in just over an hour. Not really exciting but it's a job that needs to be done. 

We hung the IKEA pegboard above my desk yesterday. I love it and want to get another one to put beside it. 

I'm going to move the shelf down so I can hang items from the clips. 

In my notebook of ideas, I have made a list of the items I need to get out for the Civil War dress I am going to make. The pattern is printed and ready to be cut out and taped together. 

Knitting

The body of the daisy stitch is done.

I will sew it together at the shoulder seams when the sleeves are done. I have not quite 1/2 of the first sleeve knit. When the 2nd sleeve is knit, I will know if I have enough yarn for the front band and collar or if I will have to knit it in a plain blue. My goal of finishing it by Dec. 31, 2020 may not be attained. So, I will begin 2021 with a UFO. 

Today

 I have a bit of housework to do, fold laundry, go to get my prescription, and hem the last pair of pants for grandson. I would like to get the items out for the Civil War dress today as I'd like to be totally prepared to start on Jan. 1.

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment