Thursday, December 24, 2020

Merry Christmas 2020


 

Merry Christmas to everyone. 

 The weather outside is cool this morning (-5C) but it is to warm up so we can have record temperatures and rain on Christmas Day. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I made two batches of buns, cleaned up some of the house and rested a some. I was tired and starting to feel cranky. 

Part of the crankiness came from parcels not arriving as expected. At first I was told it was parcels shoved in a warehouse in Montreal and forgotten. But it turns out there is such a back log of parcels at Canada post sorting facilities and less staff on the floor due to social distancing. One facility has 100 trucks waiting to be unloaded. One of the parcels I have been expecting has a delivery date of Dec. 29 and the other is "item delayed". Add the doll into the mix, we will be able to celebrate Christmas later on again. I did calm down about the parcels and it is what it is. The lesson learned -- get Christmas shopping done by the end of October for out west, order gifts for here by mid November, and sew all year for Christmas. 

The number of cases of the virus yesterday was 4. Of the 7 reported the day before 5 were in the province and two outside of the province. 

Sewing

I did the tabs at the top of the blog. I'm ready for 2021 and what it might bring. I am going to start a notebook of ideas of what I want to sew this coming year. What is put down may or may not be sewn. There will be other ideas put in also as I want to add Christmas gift ideas, what I need to buy and what ever else comes to my mind. My "To Do List" only shows what I plan on making that month which will be different than what goes in the book. 

Knitting

I knit 8-10 rows on the back of the daisy stitch sweater before my hands cramped up. I'm getting there slowly and surely. 

The notebook for sewing will have knitting projects in it also. I have a lot of yarn in the stash so am hoping to knit items using it up. I'm going to do a bit of inventory after Christmas. 

Today

I was out to do the last of the shopping. Today is clean the house day, wrap gifts, and knit. I won't be writing for the next day or two. 

Merry Christmas, stay safe, and healthy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment