Wednesday, December 02, 2020

I Need Some "Up and At It" Energy

Though it was warm yesterday (17C) and we broke the record, it rained buckets and the wind blew. They say just over 1/2" where they do the recording down the valley, but I say more. I think well over an inch with all the water running and sitting on the ground. This morning it is 10C and we are to have more rain, less wind, and cooling off during the night. 

Lifestyle 

I was out to the grocery store at 9 a.m. to pick up my prescription and it was busy. So glad that I can shop at 7 a.m. in peace and quiet. 

I had a nap yesterday morning and it didn't really help. It made me feel dead. But part of that is the Covid fatigue I am feeling. I was up several times last night; once I had a panic/anxiety attack but couldn't figure out what caused it. Once was for my IBS due to the panic/anxiety/stress attack. 

I forced myself off the couch to clean part of the bathroom and most of the kitchen yesterday afternoon. It did feel good doing something. I want to wash the floors in those areas today even if I have to push myself to do it. 

There were 11 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. The 11th case was reported last night in a school in the Halifax region. There were 4000 tests completed yesterday. The rapid testing sites in Halifax and Wolfville has 0 cases reported with about 1000 people being tested. A mobile testing unit will be going up to a small community outside of Wolfville today. They had 2 cases in the school and have a list of people to test. 

Sewing

I did not go down to the sewing room yesterday afternoon. I will see how I feel today and may push myself down there to shorten another curtain. 

Knitting

I have almost finished the doll's headband. I'm on the cast off row now. Pictures when it is done. Then it is on to the jacket. The daisy stitch is hard on your hands and I have to stop when I get cramps. I watch Escape to the Country while knitting and it allows me to escape from the world. 

Today

I have to head into town to mail 2 envelopes. Then home to wash 2 floors. I would love to try and shorten 1 curtain. I am trying to set small attainable goals each day to see if it will help me feel better. I am also trying to watch less news. I'm sure some of it has given me the stress/panic/anxiety attacks. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment