Wednesday, December 23, 2020

A Drive In The Sunshine

 Yesterday started off with a bit of rain, then cleared off and the sun shone. It was so nice to see the sun again. This morning it is 1C, it has snowed a tiny bit and we could have flurries and sunshine. It is to be cold tonight and then warm up. 

Lifestyle

I made buns yesterday and today they could be going into the compost bin. I think I put in less water than the recipe called for as the dough was very stiff. I will start off with one batch and probably make 2 batches today. 

Last night I also made another batch of butter tarts. I got everything ready before dinner and they were done in excellent time. 

The Spousal Unit and I went for a mental health drive yesterday after lunch. We needed to be out in the sunshine. We've done the route before but we saw new things yesterday. It certainly lifted our spirits. 

There were 7 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. They are in two health zones and are related to other cases or travel outside the Atlantic provinces. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room briefly to get Lea. I spritzed her hair with water and brushed it. It looks great after that. 

I am getting ready to remove some tabs on the blog and add new ones for 2021. I have my ideas written down and am ready to start once the room has been tidied up.

Knitting

I dressed Lea in the last dress I knit. She happily modeled it by the Christmas tree. 


I need to give the dress a shot of steam before I put it away. 

I have one front of the daisy stitch sweater finished. I'm now ready to start the back. My goal of finishing it by the end of the year may not be met. This is a labor intensive pattern. 

Today

There will probably be 2 batches of buns being made, some housework done, and gifts wrapped. I am waiting for parcels to arrive but am not going to hold my breath. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment