Friday, December 11, 2020

Progress Made On The Reusable Grocery Bag

 Yesterday was another cool day. The clouds did leave and we had some sunshine. That was nice. The high was 2.1C. This morning it is 0C and we could see a high of 2-3C. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning climbing up and down a step ladder cleaning the window above our front door. I also scrubbed the side window and the living room windows. The floor in the window area of the living room (bay window) was scrubbed. I am slowly getting the room done. It is a case of working on it daily and seeing how far I get each day. My idea of decorating on Sunday may not happen until Monday or Tuesday. 

There were 4 cases of the virus reported yesterday. It is day 6 of cases under 10 which is good. We are being very diligent as one never knows where the virus may be. There are cases throughout the province. 

Sewing

I got the quilting (cross hatching) done on the reusable grocery bag. It didn't take as long as I had thought. 

I used up the last of the soy batting I had on hand and a lighter colored thread than I would have used. I am pleased with the results though as I am using what I have on hand. 

The coat pattern I was going to test has been sent to be published. It was up for 5 days which is not a lot of time. I will make the coat and cloche in my time as it is a busy time of the year. There will be a dress pattern put up also and we will see how long that timeline is. I hope to get it tested. I know the lady who publishes these patterns has several more to be tested but we need time to test these. It is hard when you live with restrictions and can't shop for the fabric as it is in an area you're not allowed to be in at this time or the doors are closed to in-store shopping.

I found two dolls, books, a couple of outfits and two dogs for sale in a community near us. Will be looking at them tomorrow and in hopes of buying the lot. I'll decide what to do with the extras (books to the library? and clothes sold??)

Knitting

The picture I wanted to put up yesterday would not load so I took another picture. It works.

I knit more on it last night and have the sleeves on waste yarn and am now working on it as a dress. 

I also worked on the other test pattern and am about 15 rows from dividing it into the 2 fronts and the back. I keep working on it 4-6 rows at a time. I've let the designer know that I may not make the deadline of which she keeps extending. 

Today

I am going to do a bit of housework this morning as we have to leave just before noon for a doctor's appointment in the city. We won't be home until later in the afternoon though we are not stopping to shop. We are only allowed to see the doctor as it is in the restricted area. Not sure what else will happen today. 

Until the next time..............................................
 

No comments:

Post a Comment