Thursday, December 31, 2020

New Year Eve Day

 Yesterday was sunny and cool. We didn't see 0C until evening when the temperature started to rise. The temperature this morning was 5C. It is cloudy and it has rained. 

Lifestyle

I did a bit of housework in the morning as I'm trying to keep up. We also put out a lot of garbage as it is garbage day today. In all, we did okay. 

I worked on the puzzle the Spousal Unit has been doing for quite a while now. I got one piece of the sky done and got it hooked up at the top. That was a stroke of luck. It is a case of put in pieces and remove them to put them into their proper spot. The colors were driving me nuts. I did about an hour before I quit for lunch. 

There were 3 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Two are related to schools and the third is a close contact of another case. We now have 25 active cases of the virus, the lowest in quite a while. The exposure sites now include stores I shop in. I will have to monitor those stores for the next while. 

Sewing

I got out the green fabric and tried again to put the pattern on it. I removed the sleeves, cuff, and placket to cut out on white. I have enough fabric and did a little Snoopy dance of happiness. 


The empty spaces are for pieces that need to be cut out twice. The other piece of fabric can be put away for something else. 

Knitting

I started to look at the daisy stitch sweater, particularly the sleeve. It looked short. And it was. The sweater is short and too small around. And, if I continued, I wasn't going to have enough yarn. I raveled it out and wound it back into a ball. I will use another yarn and larger needles and start this again. It will become a slow knit for 2021. 

I started a new pattern for messy bun hats. I will only make one as the pattern is simple but time consuming. 


The design is gorgeous but knitting in the back of the 2nd stitch and then in the back of the first stitch only to do the same purling on the way back is time consuming. I have 23" of this to do. It is the band around the cap which will be knit afterwards. The yarn is cotton/acrylic and quite splitty. 

Today

The goal is to do some housework, pin the pattern onto the fabric and cut the dress out. We are going out for dinner at family's and I may knit on the hat tonight. 

Happy New Years and until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment