Saturday, December 19, 2020

Almost Finished A Project

 On Thursday it warmed up and it snowed most of the day and well into the night. Friday was warmer and we had a couple of flurries and then it stopped until during thw night when we had about 1/4" fall. Today is to be about the same (0C) with a chance of snow flurries. 

Lifestyle

With snow on the ground, I decided it was time to make butter tarts. I don't usually make them but decided I would this year. 


They have 45 carbs in them for grandson if he wants to eat them. They are in the freezer ready for Christmas.

The Spousal Unit went out to shovel snow off the driveway. He got some done and I told our lovely helpful neighbor that he could help a bit later on. I heard a snow blower going and looked out. Another neighbor was using the snow blower we gave him and yet another neighbor was shoveling with the Spousal Unit. It was amazing what wonderful neighbors we have. 

I did 4 loads of laundry yesterday. What a big job but it is done. No other housework was done though.  

We are enjoying our Christmas decorations and here they are. 


There were 7 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. All in the central health zone and all traced. Our latest tragedy has been a scallop boat sunk in a storm and the fear is no survivors. One of the crew's body was located, the rest remain missing. Such sadness so near to Christmas. 

Sewing

Grandson's pajama fabric is washed and dried so I can begin tracing the pattern tomorrow. I need at least 2 days to make the pants, maybe part of the third day. Once done, the sewing room will be officially closed to be cleaned. 

The containers I showed the other day are being made and some are really cute. The outer fabrics range from cotton to a fabric similar to adia cloth to drop cloths used by painters. Most lining fabrics are craft cottons. I am going to be making these over the next year and have given myself permission to buy what is needed to make them. They will be my Christmas sewing.

Knitting

I worked on the dress and have it almost done. 


I am hoping it will be done and photographed on Sunday. It is such a sweet dress and very easy to knit. Then it is back to the daisy stitch jacket.

Today

It is cookie day. I make ginger cookies every year. While they cook, I will finish cleaning the kitchen. I need to work on grandson's pajama pants, knit, and deliver cookies. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment