Thursday, December 31, 2020

July To December Review

 We had a wonderful summer as our family bubbles burst and the Atlantic Bubble came into existence. We went up to 14 days at a time with no new cases and the cases we did have were from people who came in outside the bubble. We could relax, enjoy ourselves a bit more, and visit. 

Our neighbor redid our back deck. He is priceless as he did it exactly the way we wanted it done. We enjoyed the deck immensely until we put away the furniture as a tropical storm came in. We still enjoyed hanging over the railing enjoying the sunshine after that. 

The garden was a success with us getting way too many tomatoes (again). They didn't grow as tall but they produced more than the previous year. We did smoke and froze bags of Roma tomatoes for chilis, spaghetti sauce, and lasagna. We had fresh peas, a lot of green beans, and cucumbers. Another successful year in the garden. 

We went to Truro on sunny afternoon in the fall and it was a great trip. We will go back again in 2021 to explore more. 

Sewing

I sewed a lot between July 1 and Dec. 21. Just over 40 meters. My grand total for the year was 86.9 meters of which I was thrilled about. I did buy fabric this years but it has been the least amount ever. I did make doll clothes, reusable grocery bags, pillow cases, masks, and pajama pants. I hit some brick walls when sewing as I was running out of ideas. I was wondering if I should quit testing patterns but am staying as I do enjoy it. I still have questions on what to do with all the clothes I've made. Sell? Keep? 

I did buy 2 more dolls and have a third one in transit somewhere. I will have 12 dolls when she arrives which is probably my limit. 

Knitting

Knitting continued to be my escape. I knit hats, and doll clothes. My last project was unraveled last night as I didn't have yarn and I need to go up a needle size. Yarn bought was 1 skein. 

Conclusion

Though we had a wonderful summer and fall, having more restrictions again in November was somewhat hard. There were days of negativity and anger but we managed to keep the reason why this was happening in our conversations. We are happy the vaccines are here and will wait our turn with patience and gratitude. It's winter and we are use to hunkering down a lot when its cold and ugly outside. 

When I hit the brick wall while sewing, I decided to think about what I will do in 2021. A lady said she was going to do a year sewing what she had. I thought that was a great idea. It will help me use up the stash buying only what I need to do a project. I also decided to sew more of the doll's stash as it is overflowing from its allocated bins. 

Knitting will continue on and I may have to get a bit of yarn later on in the year. I've used a lot of the sock weight up but I want to use more of it up before I buy. The other weights are well stocked so I keep knitting away at them. 

We know we will continue to see restrictions for the best part of 2021, we are hoping that they will ease off towards the end of the year. Keeping ourselves and others safe will still be a priority so we will start 2021 wearing a mask, washing our hands, and social distancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment