Tuesday, December 15, 2020

One More Christmas Gift Done

 We have had some very grey dull days. The temperatures have been cool also. Today it is suppose to get cooler (-11C over night). The wind is blowing. We could see an improvement in weather by the weekend. 

Lifestyle

We have been busy. On Sunday afternoon, daughter-in-law and I went to the city so she could get a few things they needed. One store was busy, one was curbside pick up and the last was quite quiet. Today, I am heading in to get a pattern and a few items I needed and then it is shopping local. 

I have been cleaning up the house and have started Christmas decorating. I put out the items I sewed earlier this year and they look great in our house. 


I made 4 table toppers similar to this one. Two are on the end tables in the living room, the one on this server and one on the table. 

I set up the Christmas tree ready to decorate and put the tree skirt on it. 


I also made the cloth on the shelf underneath for Santa's Village to sit on. It is nice to have coordinating items for Christmas. All that is left to sew is place mats.

The number of cases have been under 10 daily and are in different health zones. Yesterday was 5. There is still a lot of testing being done as the health authority wants to identify asymptomatic carriers. Fortunately for us, there is no stigma attached when getting tested. 

Sewing

I got a reusable cloth shopping bag done for friends. Once the cross hatching was done, it was easy to finish. That is until I got half of the hand sewing done. My hands cramped and I had to limp to the finish line. 


The next bag will get started today. I need to dig out the fabric and let it talk to me this afternoon. 

Knitting

I knit on the dress last night and am happy with the progress. It is a lovely knit and well designed. I'm extremely happy to have tested for this designer. 

The sweater has been published but I am keeping on knitting it. I can only do a limited number of rows a night due to my hands cramping. But, it will be a lovely sweater when done. 

Today

I am heading into Bedford this morning to get a pattern for grandson's pajama pants, some tracing pellon, and buttons. I will do Walmart for a few things and hope to be home mid morning. This afternoon, I want to play with the next bag and knit tonight. I hope to get a tub of decorations up and do more decorating. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment