Sunday, December 06, 2020

A Barely Nothing Day

 Yesterday was beyond wet. It rained most of the day - showers, rain, periods of rain, and pouring down cats and dogs rain. The temperature high was 14.6C (record broken) and the rain fall was 35.3 mm (1.4") with another record broken. This morning it is cloudy, 6C and will remain like this for most of the day. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I had no energy. I slept for 1.5 hours in the morning and then napped in the afternoon. I was beyond exhausted and didn't push myself to do much of anything. I did tidy up the kitchen but didn't do any scrubbing. A load of laundry did get done. 

We talked a bit about going shopping and what we need to get. We are trying not to be out too much but don't want to be hermits. We will go for drives for our mental health and may include a stop for apples. We will not be going into the city until January. 

Yesterday the number of cases reported was 6 and the number of active cases is 95. Down from 15 on Thursday to 11 on Friday. We still need to be diligent as the virus is around us. 

Sewing

I did not do any sewing yesterday. To do so would have been a disaster. But I did think and talk with an internet friend. We are thinking of doing A Year Of Sewing What We Have

I will do fine with it on the whole but I have to buy the fabric for one Christmas present when the shop opens. I didn't not get it before they shut their doors 10 days ago. When we can go back, daugther-in-law and I will shop for it. I will also need a couple of pieces of fabric for fall fair sewing.

One of our plans is not to go to the city until early January 2021 so the sewing machines will not get their servicing done until then. I am not planning on sewing between Christmas and New Years but will be sorting fabric into projects. 

A few projects that come to mind quickly are:

  1. Soup bowl cozies and place mats

  2. Apron

  3. Purse

  4. Shopping Bag or two

  5. Doll Clothes galore

  6. Piping

  7. Baby dress

  8. Embroidered hangings

And those were thought of as I sat on the couch in the living room. 

Knitting

I knit and unknit yesterday but did make progress. The pattern row takes a bit of time to knit and when you find a mistake it takes longer to unknit. I'm persisting on it. 

I didn't think much about projects from the stash but must do so. Daughter sent me 14 skeins of yarn that will be here by Christmas. The only items that I want to make is a doll's dress. The pattern is chosen and I have the yarn. I may order some new knitting needles as the bamboo ones I use are starting to show some wear. 

Today

I am going to do some housework, fold some laundry, sew, and knit. I do feel better today but can't over do it yet. 

Until the next time...................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment