Monday, December 07, 2020

An Embroidery Project

Yesterday was not too bad a day with sunshine and a wind. The high temperature was 11C in the morning and it fell during the day. The temperature this morning is 0C. The wind is cold. 

Lifestyle

I decided to clean up the kitchen yesterday. I emptied a basket and found a bunch of gift cards in it. We spent an hour discussing what we would like to use them for. We do need pillows and we will get them this coming week. That will use up the gift cards. Hurrah!!

I did scrub the counter tops and cleaned the appliances on the outside. It smells nice in the kitchen as I used a grapefruit scented cleaner. I will keep working on the house and try to get if finished this week so we can set up our Christmas decorations. Not a lot but some. 

There were 4 cases of the virus reported yesterday. This is a huge decrease in numbers which is encouraging as people are being so diligent to keep the virus at bay. 

Sewing

The drapes were finished yesterday. I am happy they are done and they will be delivered when needed. 

I also started another project. I did it wrong but I didn't waste the fabric. I can use it and redo the stitching today. 

I'll change the black stitching to a cream and it will look more like Elliott. 

I also wanted to try stitching out another design and when I opened my software, I got one crazy hoop that was universal. I had a panic. After stating I was going to call the store I bought it in, I thought I would reset all the apps. No harm as I would have to delete the software and start again. It worked. Now I need to learn how to fix the design as it has a crazy stitch spot that needs to be removed. 

Knitting

I worked on the doll's sweater and am slowly getting it done. It is a pattern that after 4-6 rows I have to stop as my hands start to cramp up. I am persisting though and may have it done by the end of December at the rate I am going. 

Today

More housework and sewing and knitting. An at home day today. 

Until the next time..........................................
 

No comments:

Post a Comment