Sunday, December 13, 2020

Getting Ready For Christmas

 Yesterday was sunny and cloudy. It was also cool with a high of about 4C. It rained some overnight and the temperature is 5C this morning. It is suppose to get to 12C today. 

Lifestyle

On Friday we headed into Dartmouth for the Spousal Unit's check up with the dermatologist. It was an excellent visit. He had one basal cell lesion killed with nitrogen and was told his next visit is Nov. 2021. 

On our way out of the area, I got into the wrong lane. I had to turn left and was annoyed with myself. It was going to be easy. Turn left and get back onto the road again. Did not happen as I had only one way to go -- across the bridge to Halifax. I was annoyed and a bit lost. Once I got going I sort of knew where I was. Found a street I knew and went down it for a bit before I pulled off to get a route to take home. Found one and we did the route around the Bedford Basin (Halifax side) to Bedford and then home. It was a lovely drive in the end. No one was hurt, we saw some neat things, and arrived home safely. 

Yesterday, we headed out to do our last out of town shopping. We went down the valley to get a few items, apples, and books. We went back into the town to shop at one last store. That was the biggest gong show ever. I don't like that store on the best of days but yesterday I acquired a real hate for it. Or maybe it was due to the fact it was busy. We are done shopping out of town and can get everything else we need locally. 

The number of cases of the virus remain below 10 but are scattered around the province. 

Sewing

I haven't sewn for 2 days. I will have to spend the next 10 days in the sewing room getting the last of the Christmas sewing done. 

I am finalizing my plans for next year. I've looked at the full and over flowing bins that I store the doll's fabric and trims in. A bit of a reality check. The plan is to sew it up before I buy more for the dolls. It has been so easy to buy a half meter of fabric for them and stash it away. 

After I finish sewing the Christmas gifts, I am going to look at the cottons and decide what to make next year. I know I want to make an apron, a couple of little girl's dresses, and a few other items for the fall fair. I would love to use what I have in the stash. I do have a feeling that I may have to buy a bit here and there to complete a project. I'm going to let that happen. 

In all, I have my 2021 to do list almost ready to post. 

Knitting

Though I was tired last night, I did knit on the jacket over the dress. I only made 1 mistake and caught it quickly. I'm nearing 40 rows completed. I am hoping to have both of them done before the end of the year. 

I am also thinking about what I will knit next year. I have a new messy bun hat to knit and daughter will get the first one. I also want to crochet a neck warmer. I don't crochet often but this pattern has intrigued me and I got it for free. There will be lots of doll items knit; both test patterns and ones I like to have to complete an outfit. The goal is to keep my hands busy in the evenings.

Today

This morning it is clean upstairs, sew Christmas presents, and knit tonight. A stay at home day for us. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment