Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Last Project For The Year Completed

 Yesterday wasn't as wet as we had thought it would be. There was about 3/4" of rain fell, lots of the snow melted and the high got to 5C. This morning it has dropped from 3C at 6 a.m. to 1C and it has alternated between rain and snow. It is going to be that kind of day.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I folded the laundry and put it away. It is nice to be caught up once again. Other than keep the rooms tidy, I didn't do a lot of housework.

There were 2 more cases of the virus reported yesterday Day 3 of the same number. Hopefully it will continue to be small numbers over the holidays. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room before lunch and started on the pajama pants. I was worried that the stripes wouldn't match. I was really worried as they didn't match on the inside leg but thrilled when they matched at all the other seams. 


When I took the next picture, the side seam wrinkled a bit showing it didn't match. But, it does. 


It was great to end this year's sewing on a high note. I used up 6.9 meters of fabric in December and my total for the year is 86.9 meters. About 75% was from the stash which makes me happy.

The sewing room is closed and ready to be cleaned. I will also spend some time putting together January's projects so I can pick one to make on Jan. 1.

Knitting

I got the buttons on the dress but not pictures taken as it was so dark outside all day. I will try to do it today. 

I also knit on the daisy stitch sweater and am ready to start on one of the fronts. It was great to get that far last night though I had some pretty good cramps in my hands from it. 

Today

I've been out already to shop and the store was busy. I have to start buns soon and may get another batch of butter tarts made this afternoon. We will go out for a quick shop this afternoon and will be home until next week. I would like to start wrapping presents also. 

Until the next time..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment