Tuesday, July 28, 2026

The Quilt Is Bound

 Yesterday was sunny and more humid. The high got to 26C (humidex 30C). This morning it is cloudy and 18C. Today is supposed to be sunny with a high of 28C (humidex 31C). 

Lifestyle

I was out to make sandwiches at the community hall. We were done in good time and had all the sandwiches in the cooler for pick up later on. 

Once home, I had something to drink and then I started cleaning the front entry way. I did the top landing on my hands and knees and worked my way down the stairs. The landing at the door was cleaned with the vacuum cleaner and a mop. Then back on my hands and knees down the stairs to the basement. I have to say I was sore when I got done. 

Once done, I laid on the couch and did the 3 minute stretch. After that I sat on the heating pad for quite a long time. It did help and I was able to move around with way less pain. 

I watered all the vegetable boxes last night due to the heat. They need a lot of water. When I got up at midnight, I checked to see if I could open the windows and it was raining. It had cooled off but it wasn't cool enough to do any good. The humidity had left only an hour before that. 

Sewing

I finished hand sewing the binding down on the quilt. It took me almost 3 hours to finish it. I am happy it is done and I can move on to the next project. 

I am going to clean the spare room and put it on the bed. 

Knitting

I only knit 4 rows on the afghan last night as I had to take some things over to family's house. We had a good chat. 

Thoughts

    I finally got my protein cut back to where I am supposed to have it vs where I thought it should be. I wasn't hungry at all during the day. I did have lots of fresh vegetables which helped. My body decided I should retain fluid though. It does it when it thinks I am starving it and from the humidity we had. I didn't move as much due to the pain I was having both of which can cause fluid retention. I will be drinking a lot of fluid today to get rid of it. 

    Rosie is back to working like a charm for me. I set up her schedule so she will clean each day. I have adjusted how she is to clean to see if she does a better job of mopping the floor. I also realized she has been upgraded a bit. If I replace her, I will buy one that has a different mopping system which means I will spend more money. 

    My SI joint seems to have moved back into place as it isn't as sore this morning. I am happy about that but know that it will have to be worked on tomorrow. 

Today

I need to get groceries this morning at two locations. I want to do a bit of tidying up as I have a bit of clutter showing up. Once done that, I will decide if I will do more reindeer or if I will sew on the doll's blouse. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment