Thursday, July 30, 2026

Nearing The End Of The Blouse

 Yesterday was sunny with a high of 27C (humidex 31C). This morning it is cloudy and 17C (we had a rain shower). Today is supposed to be cloudy with showers and a risk of a thunder shower. The high is supposed to get to 21C (humidex 25C). 

Lifestyle

After I wrote the blog post, I heated up my magic bag and went to bed. I wedged the heated bag against my SI joint and had an hours rest. It helped but I still have some pain in the SI joint. I have to do the yoga exercises at least 4 times a week once again. 

Sewing

I did go and sew yesterday afternoon. It wasn't without its problems. I hemmed the blouse and then added the first front button placket. When I did the second one, I didn't reverse it so had to cut out a new one. It was then that I had to figure out which piece needed the inside edge folded under. Tiredness was interfering with my thinking. I did get it figured out and the placket sewn on. 

The next step was to add the neckline binding. I struggled with it but got it done and it is now ready for me to hand sew in place and top stitch. 

Once that is done, I have to sew on snaps and maybe buttons. This blouse went together faster than I had thought it would. I think making it once before helped as I knew how it went together. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was too tired. 

Thoughts

    It seems as if I over extend doing a job, I really throw my alignment out and cause my SI to flare up. I need to remember moderation when doing jobs. The physiotherapist feels my core muscles are a bit weak hence why I have to start my exercises again. 

    There has been a lot of dump truck activity on our street lately. The municipality is dumping dirt into a gully at the end of our street. Across the road, a bulldozer is working on making a road and there are dump trucks taking dirt from that area. The roads will not stand all the heavy traffic and we will be dodging potholes which will take forever to repair. What I don't like is that the dump trucks going into the development back down our street and then block my driveway while they wait to get their trucks filled. I'm sure I am not the only cranky resident. 

    I have been looking at what is new for fall decorating. I am not planning on buying but am just interested in what is new. It surprised me that brown is a popular colour this fall. Brown print on dishes was the biggest surprise. Green is also popular which wasn't as surprising. Also included is rust, mustard, yellow, and burgundy. What I didn't see was blue which is still popular this fall. 

Today

I have to do my yoga exercises and then will work in the spare room. This afternoon I will finish the doll's blouse and I hope to knit tonight. I need to plan what I would like to sew in August. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment