Tuesday, July 21, 2026

More Progress On The Tote

 Yesterday was clear with a cool wind. The high got to 22C. This morning it is clear and 12C. Today is supposed to be mainly sunny with a high of 28C (humidex 31C). 

Lifestyle

As I had mentioned yesterday, I had tied up the tomato plant even more as the one branch has a load of tomatoes on it. I took a picture of it. 

The other plant has been staked but needs to be done more as it also has a load of tomatoes on it. 

Once I had dealt with the tomatoes, I started cleaning the bathroom. It was the big clean and I did a lot of washing, wiping, and mopping. I was in and out of the jet tub several times either cleaning it or dealing with the curtain. It wasn't as dirty as I had thought but it needed to be done so it was off the to-do list. 

I had just enough time before lunch to work on the curtain for the bathroom. I had bought a panel from Fabricville and it was way too long. I measured it to the proper length and took it downstairs to shorten. I measured the length about 6 times to make sure it was correct and even. I added the hem length and cut it. I removed the weights from the old curtain and used them. I got it done and hung up in about 45 minutes. 

Did I question myself on why I shorten ready made panels? I certainly did as they are a bugger to do. This one was not exactly the worst but it was difficult. Measuring while it is hung is important. Measuring it flat several times is also important.  

The bathroom is now clean and the curtain does help keep the sun from beating into the room. 

Sewing

I spent quite a while in the sewing room working on the Market Tote. I did get the second outer body done. It took way less time than I had expected. I just made sure that there was a lot contrast between the rows. I actually used less strips this time which surprised me. 

I sewed the bottom piece onto each part, gave the whole thing a good press. Then it was time to tackle the fusible fleece. The fusible fleece is held down 2" from the top. I made sure that was marked well and the 1/2" turn under was pressed down. I pressed the fusible fleece into place and then added a 1.5" strip of interfacing to the top. I did fiddle around with that a lot. When I checked the time, the afternoon was gone. 

I did take a few minutes to lay the pocket on the other piece to see how it looks. I am happy so far. 

Progress is being made slowly but I will get it done. 

Knitting

None done last night. The evening slipped away on me. 

Thoughts

    The solar light that was acting up has been fixed. I did it two days ago. When I opened it for the 2nd time, an earwig came out and I killed it. It had built a next in the battery compartment. I used a disinfectant wipe to clean the battery case and removed some rust from the contact points. It is now working really well. 

    I did fold the laundry yesterday morning and question myself as to why it takes me so long to do. I finished the job in 20 minutes. 

Today

I am going to make a batch of cookies for the freezer and then do some grocery shopping. I want to sew on the bag this afternoon and hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment