Saturday, August 12, 2017

A Few Clear Sky Hours

Yesterday we saw the sun, the hills, and the planes landing at 9 p.m. The smoke left at 4 p.m. and, with the sun, came a hot day. It got to 36.4C or 97.5F. This morning, there is some smoke once again in our valley due to fires both to the east and north west of us. Not like before but it could thicken up during the day.

Lifestyle

With days and days (about 5 weeks) of smoke, we lived in a 1 km or 5/8 mile bubble of visibility. It was gloomy and we had to have lights on all day. People not only complained about respiratory issues, they complained about their SAD. It hit me Wednesday like a ton of bricks. Out came my lamp and I took more Vitamin C and D.
We have been busy cleaning up the house. We are working in the basement apartment and have done quite a bit. The rooms that are done are empty except for some items I have stored in the closets. Those items will be examined and dealt with.
As we clean up, we are replacing all the light bulbs with LED bulbs. It was a goal of ours and it will be done soon. With cleaning came light repairs which causes the air to turn blue. We aren't good at changing out light fixtures.
Outside, we are sweeping down cobwebs, sanding to paint and cleaning up the yard. We want to get some work done as it is keeping us active and feeling better mentally. Less smoke in the air means we can work outside and get some jobs we wanted to do done. We are behind in that department.

Sewing

I have done no sewing and no tidying up in the sewing area. I am getting closer to tackling it. Another space that needs to be looked at and thought out. It works but it certainly gets messy in a hurry.
The store has a new thread in and I am planning on getting some. It is designed for active wear. I'll report on it when I do an outfit for the dolls using the thread. The dolls want a t-shirt and capris out of active wear fabric in a bright and cheerful color.

Today

I am off work today and will tackle the second bedroom in the basement. It probably won't get finished but I'd like to get some of it done. If I have time, I need to get items into boxes to go to the thrift store.
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment