Friday, October 09, 2015

Not A Lot Accomplished

Yesterday was another cloudy day and cool to boot. There was even a good rain shower. Our high was 16.7C or 62F. This morning is warm at 13C or 55F. It should be a repeat of yesterday weather wise.

Lifestyle

I didn’t accomplish a lot yesterday. My sore back went into spasms and left me feeling exhausted so I rested most of the day. I did do a load of laundry and helped in the downstairs’ kitchen. The rest of the time I propped myself up with pillows and a hot water bottle.

The Spousal Unit worked in the basement all day. He did get quite a bit accomplished. The plumbers arrived and got the new bathroom fan installed in the downstairs bathroom. Their next visit will be next week to hook up the sink. Though we are nearing the end, it is slow going as the jobs are small but piddley time consuming ones.

Sewing

I am wanting to set up my sewing machine as I have curtains to hem for one of the downstairs' bedroom closets. I can’t remember which box I packed the thread and bobbins into which is frustrating. I may end up having to buy a spool of thread and use the Singer Featherweight sewing machine.

Daughter-in-Law has asked for a knitting bag that closes with a drawstring. I did spend some time looking at patterns so I can make her one. And maybe a couple so she can have her projects in different bags.

Some ideas that I found include:

  1. Lunch Bag
    This lovely bag has a drawstring top added to a square bag. Perfect for putting yarn and needles into and taking along to classes or on a trip.

  2. Lined Drawstring Bag
    This is a basic drawstring bag which is delightful. The free tutorial is for one size only but you can buy the pattern in many sizes. And there is a free tutorial (download a pdf) to add pockets to the outside of the bag.

  3. Make Up Bag
    This cute little bag is great for holding knitting notions. I will probably make one and put a few notions in it. I am thinking of making it a bit bigger.

  4. Triple Zip Pouch
    One of these may appear and into it I will put some notions for her to use on a project. 

I am thinking that I am going to have to look for some cute fabrics to make these items for her. She loves hand made items.

Knitting

I did a fair amount of knitting while propped up in the couch. The first sock is ready to be set up to do the toe.

002

The second sock needs 40 more rows knit on it before the toe can be done. Goal is to be done Monday night.

Today I have to go grocery shopping. I am hoping to do more laundry and a bit of housework when not needed in the basement. My next job is to paint the wall between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling. Just waiting for them to be done, of which I will have to help. My back is better but still sore so I will be putting heat on it during the day.

Until tomorrow…………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment