Yesterday was sunny with a high of 18C. This morning it is clear and 5C. The fog rolled in at 7:30 am is quite thick. Today is supposed to be sunny this morning with it becoming cloudy this afternoon. The high is to get to 17C.
Lifestyle
I was out to make sandwiches and there were only 3 of us there to make them. One person didn't show. I made sandwiches when I could and cut and arranged them on trays. The other ladies had to make most of the sandwiches. When we were almost done, I turned quickly and I had huge pain in my bad side. It was a muscle rebelling on me. We finished up and I headed home.
I sat on heat for 40 minutes to help ease the muscle pain but knew my SI joint had tightened up once again. It was going to be a fun session shopping which I got done mid morning. Once home, I cooked eggs for sandwiches. While they were cooking I got chicken cut into chunks and marinated.
I was out to family's to take bread out of the freezer and visit with son. His back has improved greatly. It is just tired and in recovery mode. He had been shopping as he was going to make salsa.
I did my exercises on the couch and it did help my SI joint feel better. No crack though which can happen. Later on, I laid on the bed to do other exercises and when I was moving to lie down, I had a deep movement in my right side. No pain after that happened. I did the exercise and when I got up I was fine. My body was tired from all the pain I had been having.
Sewing
I did sew for a couple of hours. I made the tube for the 2nd handle and got it sewn on. I attached the top part to the bottom and topped stitched it in place. Before I knew it, I had the sides sewn up and the bag corners boxed.
I am pretty happy with it as it is a prototype. My next job is to pin the lining it but I ran out of time. I did cut the fabric and pressed it ready to make a key holder. Instead of it being 1" wide, mine is 3/4" wide to accommodate what I could find. I now need to change the thread on the machine to white to finish the bag. My final part will be to make an insert to fit into the bottom of the bag so it won't sag.Knitting
I knit 8 rows and started on the 9th row last night. The big ball of yarn is slowly getting smaller and the afghan is getting longer.
Thoughts
I read that we made it through September without a hurricane warning. I guess that doesn't happen very often with the last time being just over 30 years ago. Also Oct 2 was one of the warmest days on record. The coldest was -1.7C. And the most rain that fell on that day was 44.6 mm which is 1.75 inches.
I am hoping that this week will be quieter. I would love to have nothing on the agenda except for things I want to do rather than making sandwiches. We all need a break from it as it has consumed our lives for the past 5 weeks.
Today
I want to do the balance sheet first thing, then I have to do a few small chores which need to be done. After lunch I have to go over to family's and prep the sandwich fillings and get everything over to the hall for Monday. I have to make dinner for the next two days and I do hope to knit on the afghan tonight. If I get to sew it will be a bonus.
Until the next time....................................................................




No comments:
Post a Comment